I say #NoMore #MeToo for the next generation. We can stop this! As active and engaged parents, caregivers, educators and health professionals we can help stop sexual assault, so our kids will grow into adulthood free from sexploitation, misogyny, gender inequality and sexual assault. How do we do this? We EDUCATE our kids — the next generation — from the day they are born.
Kids need to know:
- that they have rights, a voice and body autonomy
- that they have choices
- what consent means in regards to giving it, asking for it and withdrawing consent at anytime
- that ‘No Means No!’ It does not mean ‘maybe’ or ‘I’m not sure’
- that all genders are equal
- that gender stereotypes are out-dated and must be challenged
- that respect for each other and our diversity is crucial for a cohesive world
- that empathy, kindness and compassion need to be nurtured
- that as humans we are more the same than we are different
- that we need to stand up for others when they are unable to do so; we need to be that person that says, ‘Hey! That’s not right!’
Start educating kids from an early age. Provide age-appropriate and empowering books and resources that teach these values. Model what it means to be a true, caring, global citizen. We can do this. We need to do this. We must say #NoMore #MeToo for the next generation and ALL generations to follow.