Dr. Vibe speaks with bestselling author Dr. John Izzo about fatherhood without borders and how it makes fathers better
During the conversation, Dr. Izzo talks about:
– Life growing up in New York deciding whether to be journalist, a politician or become become an ordained Presbyterian minister
– Life being a minister for eight years and why he transitioned to a life where he combines all three of his dreams
– the impact of his mother who raised him as a single mother and a specific minister had on his life
– What caused him to look deeper into manhood
– The story behind the Men’s Initiative
– The importance of a man’s relationship with his father and its impact
– The impact of the absence of a father in a man’s life
– The effect that the changing role of a father is having on fathers and society
– What are fathers telling him about the challenges they are facing
– The fact that more young fathers are willing to be vulnerable
– The shaming of male attributes versus the shaming of bad male behaviour
– The need to do human work for men to be better
– The challenge of men seeing the need to do work on themselves for men to “pop the cork”
– A great closing story to encourage men
Dr. John Izzo is the bestselling author of seven books including the international bestsellers.
Over the last twenty years he has spoken to over one million people, taught at three major universities, advised over 500 organizations and is frequently featured in the media by the likes of Fast Company, PBS, CBC, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and INC Magazine. He has advised some of the best companies in the world on activating purpose including DuPont, TELUS, Manulife, McDonald’s, SAPA, RBC, Lockheed Martin, Qantas Airlines, Humana, Microsoft, and the Mayo Clinic.
John was a pioneer in the Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability movements and is an Adjunct professor at the University of British Columbia where he is a co-founder of The Men’s Initiative which is dedicated to creating a more “equitable, compassionate and sustainable world through enhancing the wellbeing and integrity of men.” John also serves on the Advisory Board of Sustainable Brands.
Photo Credit: Getty Images