You long to be a published author. Oh, you write often, you just haven’t yet been published. Maybe you’re intimidated by the process or acceptance rates of some publications. Maybe you’re not so sure your essay is written and edited as well as it could be.
No worries. The content team at The Good Men Project has you covered!
We welcome new authors. Our dedicated editorial team will read your submission and, if it’s on-brand for us, we will edit it for publication. If it needs a little more work, we will work with you to help you refine your writing skills.
What’s on-brand for GMP?
We are having a conversation about what it means to be a man in the 21st Century. What is 21st Century, non-toxic masculinity? What is a feminist father? What is gender-free parenting?
We work on eliminating the oppression of all marginalized groups. We fight racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, and fascism, to name a few issues important to us.
Refine Your Writing Skills
We also offer live and recorded classes for writers, including our “How To Be a Rising Star in Media” series, our “How To Be a Weekly Columnist,” and “How To Be an Editor or Just Write Like One.” We also offer a live, weekly Writer’s Hour SIG (social interest group) facilitated by the Publisher and Executive Editors, “for writers to develop their craft”!
You are closer than you realize to being published. Take these steps now to get closer:
- Sign up for our Writing Prompts email to receive writing inspiration in your inbox twice per week.
- When you’re ready to submit your story for publication, click the red box. If you’re a new writer to GMP, feel free to name me, Lisa M. Blacker, as your preferred GMP editor on the submissions form. I enjoy writer development and can help you reach your writing and publishing goals.
Admission to Our Classes
- Subscribe as a Platinum member of our Premium Community (only $50/year–See the enrollment form, below) for maximum benefits including an all-access pass to our training classes for writers—and our Social Interest Groups, “SIGs”.
- Subscribe as a Gold member to get access to one weekly SIG.
- Blue Box Columnists may attend the Writer’s Hour SIG for free.
- Anyone may attend one SIG free the first time; Platinum membership (only $50/year) is required to attend the second session.
Join our Writer’s Hour Social Interest Group. For Writers and Premium members.
Not a member? Join below!
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo credit: Pixabay