Here are a few things Steve Jaeger took away from the food industry.
1) Never put spaghetti on the children’s menu.
2) Bussing tables is one of the worst jobs in the world.
3) If there is any justice in the universe, all those who take out their shitty day on their server will end up as a bus boy at a Chuck E Cheese in Alabama.
4) Without fail, there will always be some guy who asks for tartar sauce with his $45 grilled seafood entrée.
5) 98.9% of restaurant owners have absolutely no business being there.
6) A person with a PhD in Quantum Physics can put on a server’s apron and not be able to tell the difference between Vinaigrette and Ketchup.
7) Most TV Chefs would not last five minutes in a real restaurant kitchen on a Saturday night.
8) Just because a pretty bartender asks what kind of vodka you want does not mean she wants to sleep with you.
9) The term “Hospitality Industry” does not apply to the people who work in it.
10) Vegans are terrible to work with unless you don’t mind constantly being told that the smell of the meat they are serving is making them queasy.
Photo credit: michael davis-burchat/flickr