Well last week I loaded up my week in review with links and … no one read it. So I’m taking a different approach here. The ten most critical things that happened this week IMO.
1) My wife took off for a week in Florida with her friends leaving me with the kids. I’ve been unable to sleep because I miss her so much. But I have enjoyed having more one-on-one time with the kids and, you might have noticed, it’s allowed me to obsess over the blog.
2) I’ve had a wicked cold all week. I don’t drink, smoke or cheat. But Afrin is a whole ‘nother matter.
3) Boston has been in a state of mourning. There’s something oddly reassuring about that. Like back when we could rely on the Red Sox to blow it (oh, yeah we still can).
4) My son came in third in an all school poetry recitation contest. Apparently a near riot broke out including the protest of his teacher, an ordained priest, who felt that he had been brutally mugged by the judges.”Better to win the people’s hearts and minds,” he told me afterwards. Yes, he has his heart set on West Point.
5) Speaking of my son, BC basketball came out of nowhere to beat #17 FSU. I was having dinner with my daughter so he went with my best friend. But I was able to catch the last few minutes of euphoria at Conte Forum on ESPN3.
6) If you hadn’t noticed Mitt blew his lead again. Do you think we can still write-in Hillary?
7) There’s this undrafted Harvard point guard of Asian descent that is just killing it for the Knicks. Kind of like that, despite my hatred of NYC.
8) Valentines Day is coming. I ordered flowers and prepared for my son’s 7th birthday which falls on the same day.
9) My musical tastes this week continued to dominated by Lady Gaga and Jimi Hendrix. Call me crazy.
10) Oh, yeah. We still have no snow in Boston. Go figure.
Peace out and thanks for a great week on the Good Feed Blog!