Negative thinking will convince you that you can’t live an effective life because you have been in a negative situation for too long. It can make you feel like you can’t live successfully or you can’t do anything right. Negative thinking will leave you mentally incapacitated to the point that you can’t live past yesterday’s problems, today’s circumstances or tomorrow’s challenges.
What you think about the longest becomes the strongest in your life. Your thoughts shape who you are and where you go.
If you want your life to produce the best results in 2019, then your mindset must be conducive to positive and progressive thoughts. Negative thinking is a force just like faith is a force. If you listen to negative thinking and dwell on its voice, your actions will begin to reflect what you focus on.
Negativity is like a weed: if you don’t kill it from the roots, it will keep coming back. It wants to grasp your mind and rule your thoughts. It wants to block your focus so you can’t see your potential possibilities. Negativity will leave you frustrated and discouraged about life. But there is a way out.
When you focus your thinking on positive and productive things, you will build yourself up and not tear yourself down. You will speak life and not death. You will encourage and not discourage. You will walk in victory and not defeat.
Your thoughts can limit or expand your world. They can influence what you attempt or avoid. Your thoughts determine your destiny. Success and failure begin with what the mind believes is possible. Change your thinking and your life will follow.
I am challenging myself in this New Year to change the way I think. I allowed negative and discouraging thoughts to hinder me from achieving a major goal I really wanted to achieve in 2018. I let those negative thoughts determine my outcome. I vowed that 2019 would be different. I reset that goal for 2019, but most of all I have reset my thoughts.
If you want to join me on resetting the way you think, here are 51 thoughts to start your New Year.
- Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your problems.
- If you want your life to change, your choices and actions must change.
- The secret to achieving any goal is to get started.
- The reason the finish line looks so far away is because you never left the starting block.
- Don’t let something that doesn’t matter cause you to lose something that does.
- The most damaging person to associate with is the one who complains about everything and appreciates nothing.
- Don’t count the number of friends you have; count the number of friends you can count on.
- Invest in your dreams before their shelf life expires.
- Don’t let others set the bar for your life because more than likely they will set it too low.
- Don’t fear failing at something that matters, but fear succeeding at something that doesn’t.
- Before anyone else believes in your dream, you must believe in it first.
- The cost of not following your dreams is spending the rest of your life wishing you had.
- You block the progress of your vision by allowing your fears to grow bigger than your faith.
- More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin.
- You can’t move to the next level of life if you keep re-visiting the last level.
- One way to kill your dreams is to do nothing.
- If you don’t tell the truth then eventually someone or your actions will tell it for you.
- If you decide that living your vision is impossible, it will live up to your expectations.
- Your responsibility is to live today better than you did yesterday.
- Stop thinking of what could go wrong and start thinking of what could go right.
- Thinking about change won’t make it happen.
- You’ll never reach your destination if you keep stopping to tell everyone where you are going.
- Don’t borrow tomorrow’s trouble because today has enough to choose from.
- You can keep waiting for the perfect moment, but time and opportunity will not.
- The only time you should focus on looking back is to see how far you have come.
- You don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of.
- Don’t become so motivated to avoid failure that it exceeds your effort to succeed.
- Stop carrying mountains that you are supposed to climb.
- Don’t ruin the possibility of a great today worrying about a bad yesterday.
- Many people want to be a champion until it’s time to do what champions do.
- The past is your lesson. The present is your gift. The future is your motivation.
- Your gifts can take you where your character can’t keep you.
- Don’t be afraid to celebrate your life because if you don’t who will.
- Don’t let anyone extinguish the flames of your vision based on a failure you had yesterday.
- You should have a vision so powerful that it will live beyond the grave.
- You know who has your back covered when your back needs covering.
- Most people fail to win because they play not to lose.
- Some people need a balcony view of your life because if you allow them any closer they will distract your destiny.
- If you want peace from the past stop trying to revive things that are dead.
- Your detour may not be your fault, but getting back on track is your responsibility.
- Life will deal you some lemons, but it is up to you to turn them into lemonade or keep living sour.
- If you always walk in the path of others footsteps, the world will never experience your impression.
- Don’t throw in the towel; you may be closer to victory than you think.
- You can’t get ahead in life if you keep looking back to what happened yesterday.
- Don’t let your mouth write a check that your actions can’t cash.
- Sometimes the person you overlook is the person you need to look to.
- Sometimes there is no next time or second chances. It’s either now or never.
- Stop being a prisoner of your past and become the architect of your future!
- Don’t make your life’s journey difficult trying to fit in when you were born to stand out.
- The world doesn’t need you to be another copycat of someone else, it needs you to be an original with a different flavor.
- Never look down on another person unless you’re helping them up.
- Those who tell you about others will one day tell others about you.
Question: What thought(s) had the greatest impact for you?
Photo Credit: Shutterstock