The hiring process has become overcomplicated and overwhelming for the job seeker as well as those doing the hiring. Brad Owens is an incredible HR and hiring expert who joins us and shares why this process needs to be simplified on all sides and how you can make steps to do that. He shares some truly valuable advice that will help you avoid common hiring mistakes and attract the talent (or job) that is the perfect fit for you.
Brad shares a bit of his career journey and sheds some light on how curiosity was a valuable part of the process. He also talks about how important it is (especially as an entrepreneur) to regularly evaluate yourself and intentionally pay attention to your personal development and progress. When it comes to being effective in life and in hiring, Brad has a ton of helpful tips on how to get rid of the distractions and get the results you want and need.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Who Brad is and how he found his way into HR and hiring.
- What he learned to do in order to beat depression or anxiety surrounding his work.
- Mistakes people make while going through the hiring process.
- How people tend to overcomplicate things and how to avoid doing that.
- How he got started working for bigger companies.
- Why solopreneurs and entrepreneurs have a bigger opportunity for change than the bigger companies.
- Habits to develop that will help you improve.
- Why you should be hiring people smarter than you and different from you.
- Why hiring is advertising and not just a list of demands.
Previously published on thetoponepercent.com.
What’s your take on what you just read? Comment below or write a response and submit to us your own point of view or reaction here at the red box, below, which links to our submissions portal.