Today’s guest has been in the business of transforming lives and raising dreams for more than 25 years. A correctional officer turned corporate dispute resolution expert and bestselling author, Charmaine Hammond now travels the world teaching the principles of cooperation, partnership, and sponsorship. She has developed sponsorship relationships with more than 40 sponsors and 60 business partners, and her recent speaking and book tour, A Million Acts of Kindness, saw more than 40 businesses and retail chains raising funds to support this movement.
In this episode, Charmaine shares how she transformed from a shy youth afraid to ask people for money to a successful entrepreneur who teaches people how to find corporate sponsors. Listen in to hear how she built her business, the important lessons she learned throughout her professional journey, and advice for avoiding the mistakes she made along the way.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Charmaine’s path to becoming an entrepreneur.
- Her early breakthroughs that made her realize she had it in her to start a business.
- How she overcame her fear of asking people for money.
- Major mistakes Charmaine made in her business and what they taught her.
- What she would do first if she could go back and do it all over again.
- Books that have enriched her life.
- How she defines success.
- Daily habits that can help raise your level of competence and impact.
- Three characteristics Charmaine wants to be remembered for at the end of her life.
Previously published on thetoponepercent.com.
What’s your take on what you just read? Comment below or write a response and submit to us your own point of view or reaction here at the red box, below, which links to our submissions portal.