Guys, it’s about time we had “the talk.”
While The Good Men Project regularly runs stories on sex and relationships, the Guyhood section has not yet taken a hard look (minds out of the gutter here) at dating, sex, love, and intimacy. It’s time we had that talk.
As a reminder to our readers, even though the age range is arbitrarily chosen, Guyhood mainly focuses on issues pertaining to young men ages 18-24. That said, a little wiggle room either way is certainly understood.
We are looking for your contributions around the topic of dating, sex, love, and intimacy. For example:
- What is the landscape of the 18-24 year old dating world for young men?
- What beliefs govern your decisions about sex, marriage, etc.?
- How do you know when you’ve met “the one?”
- Describe the ingredients of a healthy, non-sexual intimate relationship.
- Where are the ABCs of dating, sex, and intimacy taught? How are they taught?
- What perceived expectations of manhood and/or unwritten rules are frustrating with dating and sex?
- How do you bounce back from a really difficult break up?
- Did you have sex and/or get married at a young age? Do you celebrate or regret that decision?
- Media portrays young adult relationships as being compromised by young men viewing pornography. Are you experiencing this?
Please don’t limit yourself to the questions posed above.
Submission ideas, rough drafts, or thoroughly edited final copies can be emailed to Guyhood Senior Editor, Scott Heydt [email protected]
Finally, a necessary item of note. It is my belief that homophobia and the abuse/degradation of women have no place in a conversation about 21st century masculinities. Note that submissions with this content will not be considered.
We look forward to the your contributions!
Image credit: MattysFlicks/flickr