Your life is waiting for you. There’s a whole world beyond what you see, and it’s calling you. Here’s how you can make a decision to create the life you truly love and deserve.
If my business were to earn a dollar for every man that could find his exact equal, I would probably wind up broke. Not just broke, flat broke!
I want you to understand that the declaration of which “All men were created equal” only applies to our rights and our freedom as free men in a free country. Besides that, and the stereotypes and races we categorize ourselves in, I don’t think there’s anything equal about any of us.
Can you imagine if we were all truly the same? Imagine that all of us were left handed, right footed, had the same exact dreams, wanted to live in the same exact locations, do the same exact things, had the same exact talents, and we were all extroverts. How exhausting! Sounds like an awkward party to me. Not sure if we’d ever get anything done.
But yet, our society has constant reminders of an encouraged equality and sameness when the world is full of uniqueness, individuals, talents, gifts, remarkable differences that make up a giant beautiful puzzle.
It’s when your uniqueness and incredible spirit is taken from you because you have to be like the majority where the negativity starts to unravel, unleashing something that could have been avoided if we would have just taken the time to meet everyone where they were at.
Ponder these five questions for a moment.
- How much discovery are we missing out on because we choose to not be who we were created to be?
- How much life are we missing out on because we are choosing to live our days out of the expectations of others?
- How many dreams remain dormant, because we spend all of our days creating someone else’s dream, with no vision or ideal life in mind?
- How many people day after day die with their music still in them because they never chose to live by their authentic design?
- How many people hold onto sameness, structure, predictability, and security at the sacrifice of freedom?
I once heard that we were trees in a story about a forest. I took a look at that and thought how dull a forest would be if every tree was the same mediocre tree having the same amount of fruit, leaves, and branches.
Fortunately for us, this world is rich with a variety of trees and vegetation, with every plant exuding by its God-given design. You are your own God-given design, just as I am as well.
I spent ten years in a corporate setting holding onto the illusion of security and could clearly see a painted picture of what seemed like the “right way” to live life.
Work for a large company, get a good paycheck, and be responsible. Well, while many of those years past me by every paycheck kept me coming back for more. Almost like a drug, except this drug is an accepted norm; the way things are supposed to be. Just like everybody else does.
Now, I’d like you to ponder these ten questions before you walk into that office again.
- Why am I doing what I’m about to do today?
- If I had a billion dollars would I still do what I’m about to do today?
- If I knew my life was about to end in a month would I still do what I’m about to do today?
- If I was living from my vision and my dreams would I still do what I’m about to do today?
- Does what I’m about to do today matter in the grand scheme of things?
- What can I do that does matter and embrace who I am?
- What can I do to live out of my expectations and dreams and not out of the expectations and dreams of others?
- What can I do to truly embrace my freedom?
- What can I do to love deeper and love more?
- What can I do to love my life?
There is so much to experience, to build and to adventure while we’re here, but all the more there is so much to miss.
These years will blow by us in a heartbeat, and it’s a mistake to think that there will always be time. Time is going out like the wind. There is no do-over. We are either in or we are not. We’re either creating our dreams or we’re not. We’re either free, or we’re not.
Our dreams are not going to manifest itself, and neither will anyone build your dream for you. You have to be willing to take an honest look at what’s holding you back, and start creating a plan to let that go and just do it.
Your life is waiting for you. There’s a whole world beyond what you see, and it’s calling you. Make a decision to create the life you truly love and deserve.
Photo: Flickr/ Samuel Rhys