- The moments in and around the game that are bigger than the game itself.
- The speeches to teammates and fans that are larger even than the game itself.
- The moments when sports is used as a platform for bigger social conversations.
- The thrilling moments from your childhood that you never forget.
- The tender moments among teammates.
It’s why we watch. It’s why we play. It’s the stuff that rises up out of sports and settles down into us.
This week’s Halloween Edition of The Heart of Sports comes from the Atlanta Braves All-Star first baseman, great Dad, and all-around good guy, Freddie Freeman.
Look who he ran into, while trick-or-treating in town?!
.@FreddieFreeman5 went trick-or-treating …
And found another Freddie Freeman. pic.twitter.com/JYflTQSyoO
— MLB (@MLB) November 1, 2019
Photo Credit: Twitter/@MLB and Twitter/@chelseafree5 (screen cap)