Tough Guy

Sponsored Content

About Andrew Cotto

Andrew Cotto is the author of THE DOMINO EFFECT and OUTERBOROUGH BLUES: A BROOKLYN MYSTERY. His novels can be found at Amazon and Barnes&Noble.  Learn more about Andrew at his website.

Comments

1. The meaning of toughness and heroism are often distorted, this was a great read, thanks for writing it, Andrew.

2. Absolutely beautiful, Andy. Michael would be so proud. Thank you so much for sharing. ♥

3. It is a hard world & sometimes we’re called upon to prove that.

4. Michael Rowe says:

A beautiful tribute. He will live on through this essay. Thank you for writing it, and for sharing it so we could know him a bit, too.

5. Doug Kennedy says:

Very well said and very true, I didnt want the article to end. Its really sad when someone larger than life leaves us so young.

6. Thanks, Doug. Thanks for sharing. And, yeah, it is sad.

7. Pat Mangini says:

A beautiful story about a beautiful guy. A hero indeed.

8. dave napoli says:

This is a tremendous piece of writing and a great tribute to a wonderful man. thank you Andrew.

9. Thanks, Dave! Much appreciated, my friend.

10. Truly touching it still makes me tear up regardless of how many times I read it. Your friend was definitely the definition of a true hero Professor Cotto :)

11. Corinne O'Shea says:

Hi Andy, this article was brought to my attention by my daughter, Alyssa O’Shea. I can’t tell you how touching it was to read. It reminds me of the horrible loss of Michael. It captures the essence of who he was and his amazing capacity to love. The only thing bigger than his capacity to love was being hugged by him and his tremendous arms! He was so, so special and missed every single day! Thank you for sharing with others who Michael O’Shea was!!

12. Tim O'Shea says:

Andy,
    A beautiful tribute to Mike and your friendship. Mike loved and cherished your friendship and it is clear why.

Thanks for this beautifully expressed picture of who Mike was to all who knew and loved him.

Tim O’Shea

13. Thanks, Tim.

It was an honor to be so close to Mike. And his amazing family.

I hope all of you are doing OK. I think of him every day; I can only imagine how present he still is in the lives of those who loved him most.

Best,