These A-listers nailed the whole acting thing.
Originally appeared at BuzzFeed
1. Denzel Washington as Malcom X in Malcom X
Fun fact: Spike Lee thought Malcolm X was so important, he wanted kids to skip school if that meant getting to see the film.
2. Ben Kingsley as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi in Gandhi
Fun Fact: Ben Kingsley’s portrayal of the historical figure was so accurate, viewers called him “Gandhi’s ghost.”
3. Robert De Niro as Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull
Fun Fact: Robert DeNiro gained nearly 60 pounds for the later half of the film, and did it by eating pasta, butter, and endless treats in Italy.
4. Johnny Depp as Edward D. Wood Jr. in Ed Wood
Fun fact: The film cost more to make than all of Ed Wood’s movies combined.
5. Philip Seymour Hoffman as Truman Capote in Capote
Fun Fact: The film was released on Sept. 30, the same date as Truman Capote’s birthday.
6. Daniel Day‑Lewis as Abraham Lincoln in Lincoln
Fun Fact: Liam Neeson almost had the role of Abraham Lincoln. So basically, Taken with Abe.