Lee Cockerell, VP of operations at Walt Disney World Resort, joins me on the podcast to share the massive amount of wisdom he has accumulated throughout his life and journey in leadership. He talks about the importance of time management and how doing it correctly can help you achieve all of the important things in your life rather than letting it slip by. Lee shares his passion for leadership, as well as some insight on learning and growing through avenues you enjoy.
Whether you are in a leadership role yourself, or you simply want to achieve more in life through career or family, Lee has some incredible advice that will help you understand how to do better with what you have. He emphasizes the importance of doing the hard things and shares what really separates the exceptional people from the average. Lee also gives us examples and tips on how to use leadership and negotiation skills to spark magic in your life at work and at home.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Lee’s background story of going from a country house with no plumbing to leadership at one of the biggest companies in the world.
- How learning is often affected by your interest and desire to learn.
- Why you don’t need to be good at everything to be successful.
- The importance of time management in order to get to the things that will pay off long-term.
- Why you need to give authority and responsibility to people.
- The three most important things when it comes to working with employees.
- What one thing affects your life the most.
- Why giving purpose to everyone in your organization is crucial.
- The purpose of and difference between your vision statement, essence statement and mission statement.
- How to be prepared for the inevitable emergencies in life.
- Why you need to continue to learn and grow over time.
Previously published on thetoponepercent.com.
What’s your take on what you just read? Comment below or write a response and submit to us your own point of view or reaction here at the red box, below, which links to our submissions portal.