Our brains—like muscles—become stronger with use. Excuses be gone! There are oh-so-many ways to exercise our brains:
- The ever popular, jumping to conclusions.
- Who among us hasn’t tried pushing their luck?
- Dodging deadlines is always good for an extra shot of adrenaline!
- There’s the time-tested jogging our memory.
- Raising the bar of unrealistic expectations.
- The tried-and-true limiting oneself by running out of options.
- Stretching the truth forces us to keep double mental books—an especially vigorous workout for the brain!
When was the last time you exercised benefit of the doubt?
A version of this post was previously published on tuesdayswithlaurie.com and is republished here with permission from the author.
Have you read the original anthology that was the catalyst for The Good Men Project? Buy here: The Good Men Project: Real Stories from the Front Lines of Modern Manhood
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.