Even men at the top of their game find themselves wanting more from life. Man Alive is the resource for men who want more meaning, a bigger impact, unshakable confidence, a hotter sex life, more money, deeper love, solid friendships or a powerful legacy.
Whether you’re looking to re-ignite passion in a relationship or start a new one, vulnerability is a cornerstone of being wanted and loved for who you really are.
I know some men believe women like men who are assholes, who would never be vulnerable.
This breaks my heart because I’ve asked thousands of women and there’s something huge missing from this story.
Women like men who are clear, strong and powerful. But they also crave a man’s truth and vulnerability.
In addition, and I think even more importantly, when you are vulnerable you get to stop efforting, strategizing and trying to get things right! Which allows for much more pleasurable and meaningful experiences.
I recorded a podcast about vulnerability with Derek Hart, who has been counseling couples since 1990. His specialty is helping couples move through distress and back into connection. The principles he uses also apply for dating and even a first date.
In this episode we covered:
- Why you may be nagged at or complained to and what’s actually going on
- How to respond to complaints in a way that brings you closer
- The practice for decreasing fights from 3 hours in length to 3 minutes
- The best way for each person in a partnership to feel understood
- How vulnerability can turn around decades of fighting, distance, and misunderstanding
A version of this post was originally posted on ShanaJamesCoaching.com and is republished here with permission from the author.