For those of my friends who voted for and/or support Donald Trump as our President-elect:
I want you to know that I continue to hold you in the highest regard. I believe that you sincerely expect him to be a contribution, as the leader of our nation. I believe that your vote for him, and your support of him, are given because you wish and believe that he will do wonderful things for the citizens of this country and that he will be a great president.
I do now and will continue to take whatever actions I am able to take to prevent U.S. Citizens from being harmed by any politician, on either side of the aisle.
I am proud that I have not felt the need to “unfriend” those I know who support Trump. There have been one or two individuals who I chose to “unfriend” due to truly mean-spirited remarks they chose to aim directly at me. For those who are still my friends, I cherish you, and as long as we can remain respectful and friendly toward one another, I am happy to call you friend, whether we agree or not.
Finally, I wish to point out that I absolutely believe that the vast majority of us desire the same outcomes, no matter who we voted for, we wish:
- For a fair and just court system
- For a well-balanced federal, state and local budgets
- For an end to political corruption
- For opportunities—for ourselves and our children and grandchildren—to be productive and to be rewarded for our contributions
- For ourselves and those around us to be well-educated and contributing members of society
- For law enforcement to keep ALL of us safe and to be safe, themselves.
No matter how the “Powers that Be” try to divide us, I think it is important to acknowledge OFTEN that we are all truly working for the same things. ONE NATION. ONE TEAM.
The original version of this post appeared as a friends-only post on the author’s Facebook timeline; this version is published here with her permission.
Photo credit: Getty Images