You might not turn into Christopher Walken, but plenty of other unexpected things can happen.
This originally appeared on BuzzFeed.
Think knitting is a “woman thing”? You might be surprised at how many guys are guilty of uttering the words, “I can listen while I knit! I swear!”
1. When you first learn to knit, you’re like a baby foal taking its first shaky steps.
It’s a mess. There might be crying.
2. You feel a strong sense of joy and solidarity each time you find out someone you know also knits, or see another guy knitting.
Like Dumbledore! (Yes, this is really an HP movie.)
3. You invite your new knitting pals over, just to talk and knit. Girls, too.
… and quickly discover there is perhaps no aphorism truer than “stitch ‘n bitch.”
4. Your needles become your go-to salve for any kind of physical/emotional ailment.
It’s like the saying, “Knit a cold, also knit a fever. And a breakup!”
5. When you forget your yarn bag you’re a restless, nervous wreck.
What did you DO with your hands before this??
6. Soon, the process becomes (almost) thoughtless, but in a good way.
You barely need to look at what you’re doing.
7. … And you stumble upon knitwear creations you wish you could unsee.
Noooo. Noooooooooo. Whyyyyyyyy.
…and there’s more. See the rest of the list on BuzzFeed.
Want the best of The Good Men Project posts sent to you by email? Join our mailing list here.