Dr. Thomas L. Ryer is a husband, dad, granddad, certified life coach, spiritual counselor, as well as Associate Pastor of Upon This Rock Ministries in Mount Vernon, New York. He is also CEO/Founder of Transitional Life Coach Spiritual Counseling LLC & Transitioning Into Society, Inc.
Dr. Ryer tells Dr. Vibe about:
– Going to prison for the first time at seventeen and being in prison two more times during his life and how he became a man in prison and how he has turned stumble blocks into stepping stones
– Some of his prison experience and his journey of knowledge and self growth
– The loss of his first wife to terminal cancer and remarrying
– His relationship with his mother (the rock in his life)
– What would his life be like if he had a father and how has it impacted his life
– why educating himself has not been challenging
– The message he shares with troubled youth
– What has his life meant to him
The role of men is changing in the 21st century. Want to keep up? Get the best stories from The Good Men Project delivered straight to your inbox, here.
Photo courtesy of Dr. Thomas L. Ryer.