Alex Trebek is so good at being the host of Jeopardy that even when he makes cameo appearances he plays himself, being the host of Jeopardy.
He’s done this at least 27 times according to Wikipedia.
Here’s five little known facts about Trebek that could also come up in Jeopardy:
- On 4 November 2010, Trebek received the Royal Canadian Geographical Society‘s Gold Medal for his contribution to geographic education and the popular study of geography.
- According to Cracked.com Alex Trebek has a net worth of $45 million and annual salary of $10 million. (That is more than the president and vice presidents salaries combined!)
- He’s friends with Wayne Brady
- Shaved his famous mustache during the 2000-2001 season of “Jeopardy!” (1984). He had the mustache for over 30 years. (imdb)
- He’s turned down an offer to be on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. This means we’ll never know for sure just how many of the factoids Trebek has stored away since beginning as the host of Jeopardy in 1984. (imdb)