I never imagined that I would feel so ‘young’, and still have so much left to figure out.
- You learn a new kind of confidence as you age…not one inspired by a sense of blind righteousness or invulnerability, but one that comes from a deeper understanding of who you are, warts and all.
- When I pictured myself as a 30-something when I was in high school, I always figured I would be settled down, with a grown up face and a grown up job and a family and responsibilities and basically, I would be just planning for my retirement. I never imagined that I would feel so ‘young’, and still have so much left to figure out.
- Acne doesn’t just disappear when you hit your twenties/thirties. It recedes, it slows down…but it still pops up once in a while to remind you of the pain of adolescence. Thanks buddy…
- I have noticed a slower metabolism. I’ve also noticed pains in places I didn’t notice before, and I can’t work out with the boundless energy of my younger days. It’s not all that drastic (I still have awesome blood pressure and a healthy bod), but it’s there. And I know it won’t get better.
- I never thought about settling down all that seriously when I was younger. Now that I’m in my thirties, I’ve taken steps to start securing my future. Lots of people are keeners who have RRSPs (IRAs in the US, right?) when they’re ten, but for me (and my friends), it’s just not something you think about in your twenties.
- There is definitely popular music I do not understand, nor do I care to.
- I see the world in a more nuanced light. I’m more interested in understanding than in what is right and what is wrong.
- I’m at a point where I look at teenage girls, and I just think….”are you kids ok? Are you safe? Make sure your friends are around, and don’t overdo it.” There was a time, around one and a half decades ago, when all I could think about was dry-humping those same girls. Also…now I can truly measure my life in decades.
- I know exactly what I need in a relationship. I’m just working at being better at expressing it.
- Just because you are old, doesn’t mean you can’t act like a big stupid drunk once in a while.