I’m a 37-year-old woman who still naively wears a new pair of shoes out for a night on the town. Last night, in fact, I committed this crime while walking to the Minnesota Orchestras performance with Dessa(whom you should look up by the way). Let’s just say that ouch doesn’t quite match pain. I mean it. If you’ve never been guilty of this crime against your feet and legs then you must be going to beach parties in flip flops.
New shoes and nights out is one of the many flaws that no matter how old I get I do not learn from the lesson. Instead, I put those new shoes on and rock them like the star I was meant to be.
Known flaws(that I should know better)
- Going to bed with makeup on.
- I’m never allowed to own beautiful white sheets.
- Painting my nails before going to the bathroom.
- I’m not sure how many times I need to make this mistake to learn from it.
- Wearing my shoes without socks.
- Teaching your children healthy eating habits while you know you have a “Mom Stash.”
- The “Mom Stach” is chocolate hidden in places children and husbands dare not trespass. Examples of great hiding spots: tampon boxes, empty box with the cleaning supplies, in an empty vitamin bottle. Guys don’t tell you’re wives I taught you these locations.
- Owning workout clothes that may never see a gym or know what sweat is.
- Lululemon $100 legging are 100% worth this. No regrets here. I should just know better.
- Hitting the snooze button
- Saying that my husband dislikes this flaw of mine is an understatement.
Do I care?
Do I care enough to correct any of these obstacles, difficulties or flaws(the rub)? I’m going with no.
Sure I could try to do better, to be better and to have white bed sheets. But I’m ok with blue bedsheets. I love bright colors in my surroundings anyway, so why not have them in my bed too?
So where am I going with this?
Flaws are natural, and some are even planned, like chocolate stashes. It’s ok to have them and accept your silly quirks for what they are and learn to laugh at yourself. Have fun, and forget perfection it’s unattainable anyway.
photo by: pick-uppath On iStock