Every Wednesday at 12PM PST, Facebook and Twitter erupt into open combat as fans talk out "who'd win" in a battle between two well known geek-worthy parties, one starting every half hour. Wikipedia links are included to refresh memories on what everybody is capable of, and then it comes down to fans and the fight! Winners are listed in bold. #whodwin Wednesday!
- Vertigo Death, hands down. When my time comes, I want that little goth darling to send me along the path of obilivion. Not that thing that gives Thanos a raging cosmic boner. Plus, one speaks with Neil Gaimen dialouge. I'm out!
- Way out of my league here … DC is courageous enough to make Death a white woman? Winner.
- Death is Death is Death. No matter the Universe. I prefer the DC Death because she has more class about helping people to their final resting place.
- DC's Death. She has style and personality, and gets afn active role in getting lives canceled. Marvel Death its to passive.
- Marvel wins. She is listed ad a multiversal threat. Meaning in any universe, she is the highest threat level.
That battle was a killer!
For the second struggle, it's strength vs. strength when Marvel's booze-soaked, brown-haired Hercules bestows the gift of battle upon DC's black-haired, "yeah, I raped 'em, whadda ya gonna do about it?" Hercules!
- Marvel Hercules is the REAL Hercules.
- Considering the DC Hercules is still a God. He wouldn't break a sweat defeating the Marvel Hercules, who lost his Godhood.
- DC Herc is all god. Marvel Herc its too busy slumming it.
- DC Hercules is still a god. He wins hands down.
A downed demigod cries in Brooklyn tonight …
Recommended by friend of the site Geoffrey Thorne, after taking down Black Adam two weeks ago Thor goes up against another battle ready divinity, the New God Orion (which turned into quite an argument).
- I'm casting my vote for Orion. He's got a lot more going on in the science and technology department than Thor has with his hammer and godhood, which I've never thought was all that impressive, but that's just me.
- Thor. They're essentially evenly matched but, as the New Gods "magic" is also technological, once you separate Orion from his astro harness, he's basically just a brawler. Plus, the angrier he gets the less he thinks. And, unlike the the Hulk, he doesn't get stronger, just less precise. Thor, by contrast, almost never loses his head in battle and would out think and out fight Orion at the end of the day. But it would be close. Thor would be resting up for weeks after.
- Orion almost always goes nuts in battle, He's a berserker. And Thor can't be separated from his weapon (not by Orion, anyway) Orion can.
- Question is, is Thor as strong as Superman? NO. Orion is on par with Superman strength wise. Unless Thor can overcome Orion's strength, Orion wins even though Thor is a better warrior.
- Wonder Woman can beat Superman. Physical strength is not the decider in this sort of contest, especially when they're so evenly matched. Thor went toe-to-toe with the Hulk who is, arguably, stronger than Superman.
- Hulk is no where near as strong as Superman. Supes has moved planets. Hulk can't move a planet. C'Mon Son. LMAO
- Perhaps they should have an arm wrestling match over a pint of grog then?
- I like Orion more, but I think Thor would win. Mjilnor presents an insurmountable obstacle IMO.
- Thor throws the hammer, Orion opens a boom tube and send the hammer to Apokolips. Fight's over, son
Looks like it ended in a tie vote, but since Thor has already won a spot in the November playoffs, only Orion will have to come back to face another foe.
- Gotta give it up to ole Dormie. The King of Tears just sounds like a jumped up Cthulu to me.
- Dormammu wins just on the basis being more notorious. Who the heck is the King of Tears?
Thanks to Aaron Duran, Jabir Faqir, Kimberly Moore, Julian Smith, Dion Bickham, Khalil Asadullah and Geoffrey Thorne for playing along today!