1. Rebel forces have swept through Tripoli and appear to be in control of much of Libya.
2. Canadian opposition leader Jack Layton has died.
3. Hurricane Irene could cause some trouble for Puerto Rico and the southern U.S.
4. American hikers stranded in Iran have been sentenced to eight years in jail.
5. Plaxico Burress, in his first football since spending 22 months in prison, caught a TD pass for the Jets against the Bengals.
6. Little confused about this one, but aliens might eat or enslave humanity? I don’t know.
7. Stephen Colbert’s PAC calls attention to how ridiculous real PACs actually are.
8. What makes a great critic?
9. Will Leitch profiled Michael Vick for GQ.
10. Tom Scocca wrote about his son growing up speaking Mandarin and English.