There’s a misconception that Anonymous is a left wing or anarchic group. It’s a generalization which is a fallacy. Not all of the Anonymous community and their members are left wing or about chaos.
As a fellow global citizen and social justice advocate, I can unequivocally say that Anonymous for the Voiceless is about peace, justice, equality, service for animals and vegan nutrition. They have meet ups in metropolitan cities around the world for the purpose of outreach, cubing, and marching events to educate (wake up) the world.
United we rise,
divided we fall.
When I was majoring in justice studies at the University of Guelph-Humber, I remember an officer from Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals (OSPCA) spoke to us, students as a guest speaker. That time was my initial thought process of getting involved into activism and outreach for animal safety and protection.
Perhaps, what the lessons many of us can take away, continue to live by, and keep on practicing are (not limited to):
- Compassion for living things NOT just human beings. Animals matter too. 🙂
- Greater understanding of appreciation. Life is short. Carpe Diem!
- Ethics, Moral Fiber, Principles, Integrity. Being good for the right reasons is rewarding.
- Effective communication and mutual respect in a community involving everybody that has similarities and differences.
- Embracing culture, diversity, life. Multifaceted approach to kindness is strength.
- Culture Shock and sharing realistic and informative events regarding the threats of animal lives due to greed, consumerism, capitalism, corporations, the industrial revolution. Ultimately, fighting the good fight for social justice by delivering the truth. Shock and awe being the objective.
- Having memorable invested experiences and life long skills for sustainability and security of all life.
Great to my exploration of joining and participating in Anonymous for the Voiceless as an outreach volunteer, I’ve been able to be more compassionate with others, see things differently through fresh perspectives and from all walks of life. 🙂
Love Conquers All. <3
Join The Good Men Project Community.
“Here’s the thing about The Good Men Project. We are trying to create big, sweeping, societal changes—–overturn stereotypes, eliminate racism, sexism, homophobia, be a positive force for good for things like education reform and the environment. And we’re also giving individuals the tools they need to make individual change—-with their own relationships, with the way they parent, with their ability to be more conscious, more mindful, and more insightful. For some people, that could get overwhelming. But for those of us here at The Good Men Project, it is not overwhelming. It is simply something we do—–every day. We do it with teamwork, with compassion, with an understanding of systems and how they work, and with shared insights from a diversity of viewpoints.” —– Lisa Hickey, Publisher of The Good Men Project and CEO of Good Men Media Inc.
The $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS—join as many of our new Social Interest Groups, calls about life in the 21st century, and classes (writing, platform building, leadership, social change) as you want for the entire year. The $25 Gold Level gives you access to any ONE Social Interest Group and ONE Class–and other benefits listed below the form. Or…for $12, join as a Bronze Member and support our mission.
Register New Account
*Payment is by PayPal.
Please note: If you are already a writer/contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (Request new password if needed).
ANNUAL PLATINUM membership ($50 per year) includes:
1. AN ALL ACCESS PASS — Join ANY and ALL of our weekly calls, Social Interest Groups, classes, workshops and private Facebook groups. We have at least one group phone call or online class every day of the week.
2. See the website with no ads when logged in!
3. PLATINUM MEMBER commenting badge and listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
ANNUAL GOLD membership ($25 per year) includes all the benefits above — but only ONE Weekly Social Interest Group and ONE class.
ANNUAL BRONZE membership ($12 per year) is great if you are not ready to join the full conversation but want to support our mission anyway. You’ll still get a BRONZE commenting badge, a listing on our Friends page, and you can pop into any of our weekly Friday Calls with the Publisher when you have time. This is for people who believe—like we do—that this conversation about men and changing roles and goodness in the 21st century is one of the most important conversations you can have today.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
Photos in this article were taken by the author during an Anonymous for the Voiceless outreach event, and while a colleague of his was being interviewed about the organization.