…and the bartender says, “Is this some kind of a joke?” Wah-wah-wah.
Now the joke is, this isn’t a joke. Ok, it wasn’t a bar. And the pirate was a Pandimensional Space Pirate. And the bunny was a Pink Nightmare. But still, how often do you see these four guys hanging around together while one is working chain maille, two are knitting and the the fourth is playing with leather?
I’ve discovered you can learn a lot about a man by what he wears after Halloween is over. As usual (or at least about 48 Saturdays a year), I was at my Saturday Artists Market. Since this was the closest day to Halloween, was it any surprise that some of the people might look like Halloween had a hangover? It was educational, though…
Things I Learned While Being a Bunny…Again:
1. If you strip off a Unicorn’s fur, you discover that they are really purple and black zebra-striped with corset lacing up their backs.
2. Don’t cross the Pandimensional Space Pirate. That Hasbro Star Wars Gun really has a Top Secret Toy Blaster Ray.
3. This Knight has the superpower to spend 5 hours in a 40lb handmade chain maille shirt.
4. 9-year-old girls are some of the fiercest negotiators on the planet. Do not underestimate their ability to get you to change your entire look with some big eyes and a whisper.
5. The cuter the toddler in the pink dress, the more she will want to pull the Unicorn’s long pink tail.
6. A 5’4″ tall Pink Nightmare will be completely ignored if there is an 8lb terrier three feet away.
7. For some reason, discussing the sex lives of superheroes becomes just a little more awesome when the debate involves a man in a bandana, bandolier, and a sword.
8. If a Pandimensional Space Pirate (V.Female) comes to visit, it’s safe to assume she and the other Pandimensional Space Pirate (V.Male) know each other, and you will once again be reminded why Pink Nightmares suck as matchmakers.
9. If a Pandimensional Space Pirate (V.Male) has no reservations about sitting on the lap of the Knight, doing the Hokey Pokey, or playing swing-your-partners-round-and-round, you know he is no ordinary Pirate.
10. If your (straight) Knight in shining chain maille spends time agonizing over which purple is right for gay pride jewelry, you know you’ve found a good one.
11. If the Pink Nightmare is willing to hop hop hop around to make a little girl happy, he’s kind of a special bunny.
12. When the prancing Unicorn puts on a tie that perfectly matches his ears and socks and then snuggles with his girlfriend, you realize that this is a Unicorn defying all sorts of expectations.
13. There is no number 13. Hey, guys can be superstitious, too.
-photo courtesy of the author