1. Promote others/yourself without being annoying.
2. Be a resource. Say yes when people ask you to do things.
3. Don’t read the comments.
4. Be funny.
5. Be vulnerable. Let us into your head.
7. Babies, but don’t share other people’s baby pictures.
8. Answer your emails within a week. Respond to fan mail.
9. Don’t fight back; ignore.10. Believe that people are listening.
11. Write so that people will listen.
12. Putting something on Facebook is not the same as telling your friends. Don’t expect other people to know you’ve posted something.
13. No mass emails. Unless you have a book coming out. Then, try to keep it to one.
14. Follow back if the follower seems human.
15. Say thank you.
16. Ask for favors directly, not under the guise of just-wanted-to-say-hi.
17. Make things happen. Stop hoping/waiting and do something.
18. Close your accounts when you’re done with them. Don’t get hacked. Choose a good password. Guard it.
19. Be you.
20. Be flexible. Don’t rely on rules. Your rules or anyone else’s.