As a writer on Medium, one of the activities I spend most of my time on is research. Often, that means scouring Google Scholar for journals that support my thoughts on a given topic.
Other times, I am on Reddit and Pinterest looking for quotes that resonate with my subject matter to include in my articles. There are many ways to spice up your article and quotes are one of my favourite.
Quotes are great for adding another voice to your article and emphasize the point you are trying to make.
. . .
Here is a collection of 50 Quotes about True Love that you can use to support your articles on the topics of love, relationships, dating, and all things that make your heart swell with love.
1. “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
2. “True love is choosing the many things a person did right rather than the one thing he did wrong. True love does not keep the record of wrongs.”
3. “True love is knowing a person’s faults, and loving them even more for them.”
4. “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends & true love.” — Mandy Hale
5. “True love will triumph in the end — which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it’s the most beautiful lie we have.” — John Green
6. “True love bears all, endures all and triumphs!” — Dada Vaswani
7. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” — Sadhu Vaswani
8. “True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.” — Kiera Cass
9. “True love is like a pair of socks you gotta have two and they’ve gotta match.”
10. “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.”
— Jean de La Fontaine
. . .
11. “True love is not how you forgive, but how you forget, not what you see but what you feel, not how you listen but how you understand, and not how you let go but how you hold on.”
12. “True love is that which ennobles the personality, fortifies the heart, and sanctifies the existence.”
13. “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” — Erich Segal
14. “If someone truly loves you, they won’t tell you love stories, they will make a love story with you.”
15. “True love is not the number of kisses, or how often you get them, true love is the feeling that still lingers long after the kiss is over.”
16. “True love, especially first love, can be so tumultuous and passionate that it feels like a violent journey.” — Holliday Grainger
17. “True love is not about the hugs and kisses, the ‘I love you’s’ or the ‘I miss you’s’, but about the chills that hit every part of your spine when you think about him.”
18. “They say you only fall in love once, but that can’t be true. Every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.”
19. “True love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops.” — William Goldman
20. “True love lasts forever.”
— Joseph B. Wirthlin
. . .
21. “True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.” — Honore de Balzac
22. “You know you truly love somebody when they hurt you so badly, but all you can think about it is the times when they made you smile.”
23. “True love brings up everything — you’re allowing a mirror to be held up to you daily.” — Jennifer Aniston
24. “Always remember true love never fades away even if it is not reciprocated. It remains in the heart to purify and soften the soul.”
25. “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” — Billy Graham
26. “When you truly love someone, you give everything you can and never expect a return.”
27. “True love doesn’t happen right away; it’s an ever-growing process. It develops after you’ve gone through many ups and downs, when you’ve suffered together, cried together, laughed together.” — Ricardo Montalban
28. “The course of true love never did run smooth.” — William Shakespeare
29. “True love is not a strong, fiery, impetuous passion. It is, on the contrary, an element calm and deep. It looks beyond mere externals, and is attracted by qualities alone. It is wise and discriminating, and its devotion is real and abiding.” — Ellen G. White
30. “Life is a game and true love is a trophy.”
— Rufus Wainwright
. . .
31. “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does.” — Torquato Tasso
32. “I love true love, and I’m a woman who wants to be married for a lifetime. That traditional life is something that I want.” — Ali Larter
33. “None of us feels the true love of God till we realize how wicked we are. But you can’t teach people that — they have to learn by experience.” — Dorothy L. Sayers
34. “True love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
35. “True love, to me, is when she’s the first thought that goes through your head when you wake up and the last thought that goes through your head before you go to sleep.” — Justin Timberlake
36. “Love is pure and true; love knows no gender.” — Tori Spelling
37. “It may be an old cliche, but I think true love will last; it has no end. But finding the right person is a very difficult thing.” — Bruce Forsyth
38. “It can only be true love when you enable your other half to be better, to be the person they’re destined to be.” — Michelle Yeoh
39. “True love isn’t without problem, it has many obstacles, true love is working through all of them and coming out happy with that someone on the otherside.”
40. “True love doesn’t come to you it has to be inside you.”
— Julia Roberts
. . .
41. “True love can not be found where it does not truly exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does.”
42. “You know, true love really matters, friends really matter, family really matters. Being responsible and disciplined and healthy really matters.” — Courtney Thorne-Smith
43. “Only true love can fuel the hard work that awaits you.” — Tom Freston
44. “Let the people who never find true love keep saying that there’s no such thing. Their faith will make it easier for them to live and die.” — Wislawa Szymborska
45. “I believe in true love, and I believe in happy endings. And I believe.” — Christie Brinkley
46. “What the heck is true love? I remember feeling, back when I was 12 and ‘going’ with this girl, ‘Is this true love?” — Matthew McConaughey
47. “It is so difficult in the world for people to find love, true love.” — LaToya Jackson
48. “True love does not only encompass the things that make you feel good, it also holds you to a standard of accountability.” — Monica Johnson
49. “True love that lasts forever… yes, I do believe in it. My parents have been married for 40 years and my grandparents were married for 70 years. I come from a long line of true loves.” — Zooey Deschanel
50. “I do believe in one true love.”
— Michelle Dockery
. . .
I wish you the joy of true love in your relationships.
This post was previously published on Medium.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want a deeper connection with our community, please join us as a Premium Member today.
Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS. Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo credit: Shutterstock