We’re calling on family members and friends of families affected by Autism to share on how to build awareness and how to offer support.
In honor of National Autism Awareness Month, we are inviting families and friends of children with Autism or on the Autism Spectrum to share your story and offer insight into the lives of those affected by Autism.
Tell us about your own learning curves. How did you educate yourself about Autism and use what you learned to be a better part of support, encouragement, and empowerment?
We want to hear from brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, friends about the importance of a support system and helping parents cope with the challenges of every day life.
- What do you want others to know about children on the Autism Spectrum?
- What misconceptions or assumptions do people make about children on the Autism Spectrum?
- What are the unique strengths and talents of children with Autism?
- How have you been inspired by a child with Autism?
- What are some things that were challenging characteristics of Autism for you that evolved into qualities you now embrace?
- How has your learning curve affected the way you treat and interact with others as a whole?
- What tips do you have for a friend or family member who is struggling with understanding the day-to-day realities and evolving their overall outlook on Autism?
You can choose to write a post or submit a 2-3 minute video. You can also choose to write a post anonymously.
Send your posts, videos, or questions to