Alex Barnett shares 10 things that proves he loves his son unconditionally.
1. Because if I had to change my schedule each day for someone else the way I do for our son, I wouldn’t talk to that person anymore.
2. Because when he stepped in dog poop for the first time, I got down on my knees and scraped that stuff off his sneakers with my bare hands. By contrast, If anyone else stepped in poop, I’d push them into traffic to get away from them.
3. Because sometimes he’ll grab my tongue, Adam’s Apple or face with his bare hands and squeeze hard like he wants to see if they’ll come off, and I still think it’s funny every time even though it hurts like Hell.
4. Because the fact that he’s pooped in our bathtub doesn’t bother me at all.
5. Because I now know the words to “Let It Go” and actually have opinions about whether the Demi Lovato version is better than the Idina Menzel version.
6. Because I am AMPED to see Toy Story 4.
7. Because no matter how many times in a row he asks “why?” I still answer in earnest each time.
8. Because he makes me watch cartoons on Sunday afternoons during football season, and I’m okay with that.
9. Because sometimes he treats me like I’m just a pack mule with a wallet, and I still can’t wait to get home to see him.
10. Because I can watch him sleep, eat, watch tv, run, jump, laugh, cry, stare, blink, throw a tantrum, play quietly or do anything else and never get bored.