John Trybulec on Donald Trump’s politically incorrect politcal campaign.
Being “politically incorrect” is doing wonders for the campaign of Donald Trump.
He is getting attention, holding interest, creating a desire for people to hear more, and soon, action from the people of America will follow.
Mr. Trump is unique in that he speaks his mind. All the time.
On a personal one-on-one level, however, I want politically correct.
I really don’t want to hear every thought that comes into everybody’s brain.
I don’t want to hear another person who “calls ‘em like they see’s ‘em”.
Perhaps I’m thin skinned.
Or I can’t I “take the heat”.
Maybe I can’t “handle the truth” – to paraphrase a line from a popular movie.
For some reason, people feel that they can say whatever is on their mind to me.
I call it being politically correct, my step daughter calls it “using a filter” when a person speaks.
Imagine what would happen if you said everything that came into your brain to whomever stood in front of you.
If a person’s every thought turned into words, companies would lose business, personal relationships would end and people probably would be smacking each other with a fist more often than they are now.
Would a hair challenged slightly overweight man like to hear the following when he ordered food at a fast food place: “Hey bald guy, I’m sure your big butt want’s fries… right?
Would you want your daughters’ date to speak what he was thinking when he arrived to pick up your precious child when she entered the room?
Would he want to hear your deep thoughts?
- I was born in Detroit. Do you want to hear my thoughts about the foreign car that you are driving?
- Do people who were born in the south want to hear another Yankee imitate their dialect in a negative way?
- Do senior people want to hear that they “can’t do something because of their age”?
- Do ethnic people want to be referred to in a negative way?
- Do people who graduated from small colleges want to hear that large colleges alumni are always better at… everything?
I’m of Polish heritage and Catholic by upbringing.
I’ve heard enough priest and Pope remarks to fill up a cathedral.
Did you hear the one about the Polish guy, the –
Photo credit: Getty Images