One size does not fit all. We want to hear about what makes you uniquely male and uniquely you.
Here are some additional prompts to get you started writing:
- Does the “traditional” model of masculinity resonate with you? How does this model fit you?
- Has your perception of your own masculinity changed as you’ve aged? If so, why?
- Does the expression of your masculinity change based on the situation? How does it affect your relationships?
- Is your wardrobe “masculine” because those are the kinds of clothes you like to wear? Or is it just that they make you “feel like a man”.
- Can you be “manly” without having a single stereotypical masculine trait?
- Is your expression of masculinity rooted in ethnic or cultural expectations? How are men different around the world?
- What will fatherhood look like in the next generation?
- How do you succeed as a man when you disagree with the standard definitions of success and masculinity?
These are some of the topics that we want to know about, but if you have others, please submit those too.
Join the conversation at The Good Men Project. Here’s how:
Write on this topic using one of the prompts or anything else you think is relevant.
Then click below to send your post through our submission system.
Please request Wilhelm Cortez (or your usual editor.) Please indicate that you are responding to this Call for Submissions.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation (Which really is “The Conversation No One Else is Having), you will learn all of the ways we support our Writer’s Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and more.♦◊♦
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. 1) Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook, 2) View the website with no ads 3) Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events 4) Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members 4) Free commenting badge, listing on our Friends page, and more.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday.
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas. Classes are included free of charge with our $20 a year Gold Membership.
However you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century.