I would like to mention that this is not a checklist.
While I do think you should consider all the questions you should ask yourself, not all things you should find about them are a must. There, it all depends on you and what you wish to know.
Questions to ask yourself (be honest)
- What do I like about them?
- Do they reciprocate? (respect, attention, time, and affection)
- Do I see this relationship working? (picture yourselves together)
- Do I like who I am around them?
- Do I like this person for who they truly are or do I simply like them because they’re the only person available?
- What do we have in common? (it can be hobbies, it can be the way you think, it can be the way you are as people)
- Are there any bad signs?
- What does my intuition say?
Things to find out about them
- Are they happy with themselves?
- What do they like to do in their free time? (although it seems trivial, it can reveal a lot about a person, especially in the way they talk about their passions)
- What are they looking for? (are they open for a relationship, do they want something serious or something casual, is it the same as what you want)
- What does their dream relationship look like?
- How long ago was their last relationship? Why did it end?
- What is their definition of love?
- What do they value? And what upsets them.
- What do they hate?
- What are their needs? (how much attention and physical touch they need, what is their love language, what’s their sex drive like, and other things that might be important to them. Are you willing to provide these needs? Are they willing to provide yours?)
- Do they want kids? (now and later on)
Think about the things that matter to you.
Special thanks to Ana and some of my friends for helping me choose the best questions.
☔ Here, have this umbrella for a rainy day. If you would like to support me, please share my story with your friends and loved ones.
This post was previously published on medium.com.
You may also like these posts on The Good Men Project:
|White Fragility: Talking to White People About Racism||Escape the “Act Like a Man” Box||The Lack of Gentle Platonic Touch in Men’s Lives is a Killer||What We Talk About When We Talk About Men|
Photo credit: Vadim Sadovski on Unsplash