The ridiculous things people may say to transsexual or transgendered men, even ones they just met, that they might not say to a cis-gendered man. Taken from my own experience.
- Do you have penis?
- Can I see it?
- Are you attracted to men or women?
- Have you always been attracted to men/women?
- What’s happened to your chest? Did you have surgery?
- Did you used to have big tits?
- What did you look like as a little girl?
- Can I see photos?
- What was your female name?
- Did you tell your family?
- What did your Mum say when she found out?
- Do your family still speak to you?
- Do you ever visit your family?
- When did you transition?
- Why did you do it?
- Have you ever changed your mind about it?
- Would you ever go back?
- Do you take testosterone?
- What’s it like?
- Can I have some?
- Can you still have sex?
- It must be hard to find a partner
- Can you still have kids?
- Do they know at work?
- Oh dear, your (airline) ticket’s got Ms written on it
- Step this way sir, we’re picking up something on the scanner (at airport)
- I think you’re in the wrong seat, sir (on an aircraft)
- Oh look, you’re starting to lose your hair
- You look quite masculine
- I think you’re doing really well – you look like a man to me
- You had me fooled
- I can’t tell you’re not a man
- My uncle’s gay
- Oh yeah, you mean like Buck Angel?
- Well, I like you anyway
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project, please join like-minded individuals in The Good Men Project Premium Community.