Every week we have Social Interest Group calls with The Good Men Project editors, subscribers, and writers. This post is a preview for this Monday night’s (7:30 PM EST) #StopSexism group. See instructions below to join Gretchen Kelly and Jeremy McKeen on the call. Join the group here.
In fact, that’s what we do best, you know, as humans.
Other than that, we’re not very evolved.
Imagine all that reason wasted on dumb, speechless, near-hairless primates.
Let’s talk about sexism, gender bias, patriarchy, rape culture, masculinity, hyper masculinity, the toxicity of sexist attitudes, and the psychology of sexist cultures that are out of control.
Let’s talk about myth, religion, purity culture, and how we’ve let sexist attitudes ruin people’s lives.
Let’s talk about consent, love, sexual pleasure, rape, legal underaged marriage, and why we let generations of boys and girls suffer trauma because we let men and women do what they want without consequence.
Let’s talk about suits and shoulders, ties and dresses, and why all shirts hide belly fat that men and women can agree none of us want attention toward.
Would you help us end sexism towards women and men in all levels of personal, professional, civic, and mental life?
Would you pledge to engage sexist stereotypes with your friends and families at home, work, place of worship, and in daily life?
Let’s talk—Monday night.
7:30 PM EST.
Let’s continue the discussion on Monday night! Talk to you then!
Photo Collage from GMP Meme and Unsplash
The #StopSexism Social Interest Group aims to address the issues of everyday sexism, identify contributing factors, and discuss the implications and effects of sexism. We will hold weekly calls by phone, and together will explore ideas to combat inequality, gender bias, and society’s expectations.
The weekly conference calls will be avenue for deeper conversation and for coming up with innovative plans to counter sexism on the ground at the grassroots level.
Weekly conference calls are every Monday night at 7:30 EST.
To join the weekly calls you will need to join The Good Men Project as a Gold or Platinum member. Not a member? Register below!
Not yet a Premium Member of The Good Men Project? Register below.
Our $20 Gold Level gets you access to any ONE Social Interest Group or Class. Our $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS, and you can come to as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year. Not yet a member? Become one below:
Upgrade Your Subscription
*Payment is by PayPal. Your membership begins when you receive the welcome email and click the link to return back to The Good Men Project. You do not need a PayPal account to pay using PayPal.
**If you are already a writer or contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (You can request a new password if needed at this stage).
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. < 2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ANY of our live classes, calls and other exclusive content.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook.
4. An ad-free experience on The Good Men Project website!
5. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
6. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge.
ANNUAL PLATINUM members will also receive a FREE copy of The Good Men Project anthology E-Book.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to participate in any ONE Special Interest Group.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community.
4.A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page.
5. GOLD commenting badge.
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $20/year.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
If you want additional exclusive access to our trainings, classes and live events, choose the Platinum or Gold level above.
2. A listing on our Friends of The Good Men Project page.
3.BRONZE member commenting badge.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable. Our mission is to challenge the stereotypes around masculinity, to advocate for equality, and to be a voice and a catalyst for change in the issues that disproportionately affect men. Our heartfelt gratitude for believing in our mission and wanting to be a part of this important conversation at The Good Men Project.