No, we aren’t talking about masturbation.
Listen to Real Men Feel, #161, “What The Heck is Self-Love?” here:
Mid-life dating and relationship coach, speaker and author, Jonathon Aslay, joins us to discuss self-love; what it can do for us, how we might achieve it, and why so many men are resistant to it. Jonathon is the author of, “What The Heck Is Self-Love Anyway?”
“Nothing triggers someone’s lack of self-worth like the dating process.” ~ Jonathon Aslay
This is a wide-ranging conversation touching on awareness, victimhood, responsibility, heart-breaking moments, and grieving with love. We touch on aspects of self-love and what gets in our way to experience it. Show yourself some love and give it a listen, then take some new actions.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (1:25) What does it mean to really love yourself?
- (3:20) Why would someone want to love themselves?
- (5:20) Loving yourself doesn’t mean you are always on top of the world and feeling great.
- (7:28) Is awareness a big key, so we know when am I nurturing myself and when am I avoiding feeling something?
- (8:44) I know it was a horrible experience that got you to look more closely at self-love, can you tell us about that?
- (13:13) Do most people embark on a soul-searching journey only after something painful?
- (15:06) I’ve often heard you need to love yourself before you can love someone else, is that just selfish and egotistical?
- (16:54) The strongest thing a man can do for himself.
- (19:46) What are some signs that you don’t love yourself?
- (23:01) Why are so many men resistant to self-love?
- (24:32) Since boys are often taught not to feel, does that mean we can learn to feel? Is this a learnable skill?
- (27:22) Can you share any techniques to better understand or even create a sense of self-love?
- (35:42) Being right or wrong related to the ego.
- (37:37) What are some of the most comment complaints women have when it comes to dating men?
- (40:00) Exploring emotional unavailability in men.
- (42:30) Can you share a habit, practice, program, or book that has helped you?
- (44:08) What is one thing you wish more men knew?
- (48:26) What are you proud of?
- (50:15) What are you looking forward to?
- (53:42) Get the first two chapters of his book for free.
Watch Real Men Feel, #161, What The Heck is Self-Love?, December 10, 2019
“Faith and trust in oneself, that is the essence of what loving yourself is.” ~ Jonathon Aslay
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
A version of this post was previously published on RealMenFeel.org and is republished here with permission from the author.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.