What’s your favourite
[Remember to insert a long and pretentious introduction here about how YouTube is responsible for a new kind of democratic creativity and form of popular artistic communication in order to justify the fact that this post only exists to show off the hilarious video that the author thinks is awesome because it was solely tailored for his personal satisfaction.]
But, as great as those other videos are MY favourite is this one created (with the help of Evan Larimore, T.s. Jensen & Julieta Randall) by my friend and past TQI contributer, Caitlyn Larimore:
Why do I love it so? (Besides the fact that it was made for me?) Let me count the ways!
1) The Jar Jar Binks mask.
2) Caitlyn’s adorable drunk acting.
3) The way Julieta pronounces the English words in her Spanish commercials.
4) The fact that the killer bird throughline is based on an in-joke 3 or 4 people on the planet will actually appreciate.
5) “Oh my god, I will never see pictures of my food again.” (It’s funny because I take A LOT of pictures of my food.)
6) The poutine reference is because I’m Canadian.
7) Tickle Me Elmo.
8) Kitty with a sombrero.
9) “you fuck” on the miniature Oscar.
10) “…Local man, Ulan Moot….”
11) It was made for me.
So that’s why this is my favourite YouTube video. I know yours can’t be as good, but I’d still love to hear about it!