Ok, here’s the deal.
Every week on Tuesday, join a member of the GMP editorial team for an hour of powerful writing tips, tricks, advice, and Q+A. Our editorial staff has decades of accumulated experience to help you grow your skills as a writer.
Join our Writer’s Hour Social Interest Group. For Writers and Premium members.
Every Tuesday 3 pm EST / Noon PST
Access code 934-317-242
Admission to Our Classes
- Subscribe as a Platinum member of our Premium Community (only $50/year–See the enrollment form, below) for maximum benefits including an all-access pass to our training classes for writers—and our Social Interest Groups, “SIGs”.
- Subscribe as a Gold member to get access to one weekly SIG.
- Blue Box Columnists may attend the Writer’s Hour SIG for free.
- Anyone may attend one SIG free the first time; Platinum membership (only $50/year) is required to attend the second session.
Not a member? Join below!
What better way to get started than to submit an article for consideration?
No idea what to write?
You can start with your experience as a man or with men, that is really where the topics for GMP start. By, for, or about men.
Still no ideas?
Here are some “trigger” words that might help:
- Men, male, masculinity, manhood, mankind, macho
- Guys, dudes, gentleman, gent, fellow, fella, brother, chap, bloke, lad
- Father, son, dad, fatherhood, dad bod
- Boy, boyhood
Or, some general topic staters:
- Changing roles, changing norms, change, social change, changing times
- Breaking stereotypes, myth-busting, changing the way people think about men
Now, go and write. Submit your words and then join us on Tuesday to see what we can do from there! When you’re ready to submit, click one of the colorful boxes, below.
The Good Men Project is different from most media companies. We are a “participatory media company”—which means we don’t just have content you read and share and comment on but it means we have multiple ways you can actively be a part of the conversation. As you become a deeper part of the conversation—The Conversation No One Else is Having—you will learn all of the ways we support our Writers’ Community—community FB groups, weekly conference calls, classes in writing, editing platform building and How to Create Social Change.
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. Have access to these benefits:
- Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook
- Join our Social Interest Groups—weekly calls about topics of interest in today’s world
- View the website with no ads
- Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events
- Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members
- Commenting badge.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday. If you already have a final draft, then click below to send your post through our submission system.
If you are already working with an editor at GMP, please be sure to name that person. If you are not currently working with a GMP editor, one will be assigned to you.
Are you a first-time contributor to The Good Men Project? Submit here:
Have you contributed before and have a Submittable account? Use our Quick Submit link here:
Do you have previously published work that you would like to syndicate on The Good Men Project? Click here:
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas.
While you’re at it, get connected with our social media:
However, you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Join us!
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.