Perhaps this isn’t the best way to start your morning, but we found this fascinating infographic of when people tend to break up, and we felt the need to share. Created by David McCandless, founder of the stunning website Information Is Beautiful, the graph plots the numerical rises and falls of over 10,000 Facebook relationship updates over the course of a year. Here are a few key takeaways from the data:
- People tend to break up on Mondays. Just one more reason to hate the scapegoat day of the week.
- People prefer to go into summer single. Of course. How else could this happen?
- People also prefer to go into Spring Break single. Of course. How else could this happen?
- People really like to break up two weeks before Christmas but not on Christmas Day. However, this slightly conniving article claims that if the former happens, you can leverage the holiday to win your ex back.
And for those of you going through a really tough breakup, here are six reasons why bacon is better than true love.
More about love and dating from GMPM…
- 30 Dates. 30 Days. 30 Cities.
- A Heat Wave, an Archaeological Ruin, and a Foundation for Marriage
- Online Dating Gets Strange, Specific