Are you ready for an adventure? Maybe it’s time that you have a midlife crisis?
“I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it’s very difficult to find anyone.’
I should think so — in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!”
Midlife is fun. You get colored pills that make you feel happy, make you stand at attention in the right places or keep you from exploding (in the wrong ways). You are almost at a place where you can make use of Seniors discounts, although that scares the hell out of you.
6 Ways that Midlife is the best time to be alive:
- Midlife is a time to refocus – you have to refocus a lot, because you can’t see things in the same way anymore. Get some new glasses and have some fun with it!
- Midlife means you are half way toward your personal masterpiece – If you look at a painting, the focus is usually in middle area of the painting. That is where you want everyone to look. In midlife, Gastrointestinal issues happen in your middle area too. Relax, your body is a masterpiece. Just call yourself Mona Lisa.
- Midlife is about leaving people wanting more – your memory is not as good as it used to be, so if you stop talking mid-sentence, you leave people wanting more, so
(See, I left you wanting more. It worked.)
- Midlife is a time consider smoking more – being half way means you are well on your way to reaching a lot of your dreams. When you look around, you probably will realize that you are as far as you want to go with some of your dreams, some of your dreams are not worth it and one or two still set you on fire. Follow the smoke… hopefully you can still smell the smoke (that one is for my mom).
- Midlife is about wandering – You may have a job where you have a lot of meetings. Use the time to your advantage: plan for the important things your life, your weekend, your supper. Let your mind wander.
- Midlife is for adventure – You have spent half your life preparing for an adventure. Go ahead, we’ll keep dinner warm!
Please share this with your friends who are Half Way’ers, ready for a little adventure. Better yet, why don’t you go?
Keep it Real
If you like this, you will love Zen and the Art of Almost-Studying and Use the Future to Create a Better Life: The Ebenezer Effect.
I write articles about wellness, leadership, parenting and personal growth. My hope is to deliver the best content I can to inspire, to inform and to entertain.
Sign up for my blog if you want to receive the latest and best of my writing.
Originally appeared on smswaby
Photo by Trekking Rinjani