Do you feel empowered? Are you inspired? Like the wind, inspiration comes and goes. For some people, inspiration lasts longer in some people than others. This is where empowerment makes the difference.
What are your sources of inspiration? What empowers you?
Books can help a lot. Over the years, the internet has made eBook content more freely accessible. Although, our busy lives can prevent us from dedicating several hours to a book. Now, there are TED Talks and other social media channels that distribute free helpful information. Twitter is a good example because you can digest short bits of information from people you love to follow.
Below are 10 tweets that will inspire and empower you to reach the finish line.
1. A #college degree doesn’t always equate to a successful #career. In fact, a lot of college grads are living with their parents. According to the Pew Research Center, 32% of young adults are still living with their parents.
2. Often #parents and clergymen tell us other religions are wrong. Unfortunately, those people have a distorted view of other religions. #Religion can be helpful for some people, but it should never be forced on anybody.
3. I follow a #diet that others may find unacceptable. However, their opinions don’t matter. My #health does! So, I’ll do what’s best for me. You should too!
4. Most people argue they don’t have time to read #books. How much time do you spend on #reading unnecessary things? Often, most of those things only bring us more anxiety and stress in our lives.
5. Want to be more effective at #work? Try playing some video games. The University of Rochester has found that people who play action-based video #games make accurate decisions 25% faster.
6. Want to #quit smoking? Try playing video games. You read that right!! The Public Library of Science found smokers deprived of #nicotine could reduce their cravings simply by playing 2 player games.
7. Are your #thoughts enabling or disabling you? It’s probably the most important #question to ask yourself. So, how often do you ask yourself that question?
8. #Change doesn’t always sit well with us. Some people enjoy their routines and don’t like rocking the boat. I have routines that I enjoy. Although, once we fall in the comfort zone, it may spell the very end of our #growth.
9. Working 8 hours a day for 42 years is the equivalent of 14 years of work. If you’re among the 9-5 group, it’s worth asking yourself this #question. Is it worth the #sacrifice?
10. If anyone expects to be successful almost overnight, he or she doesn’t want to be successful but instead #lucky. Their arrogance clouds their mind, which leaves them to focus on their ego rather than their #business strategy.
If you enjoyed these Tweets, you will enjoy my free book, Reaching The Finish Line: How to Thrive in the Generation Y Era, where you can find those bits of advice and more.