Embed from Getty Images
You can’t get anything done sitting on your butt. Talking about your vision won’t make it happen. Telling others about it won’t bring it to pass. Dreaming about it won’t manifest it. You must take consistent action daily to birth your vision.
Life is constantly about change; it is forever moving. Yesterday seems light-years away. As I get older it seems as if the days, weeks, months and years are moving at fast break speeds. But, when I really think about it, time is moving at the same pace it has always moved.
Each of us possesses the same twenty-four hours a day, one-hundred and sixty-eight hours a week, and eight thousand seven-hundred sixty hours a year. The question I present to you is “What are you doing with your time?”
Don’t waste any more time agonizing over what happened yesterday. Don’t let yesterday’s setbacks keep you from living today’s opportunities.
If you hit unforeseen turbulence, don’t quit. If you don’t succeed at first, don’t throw in the towel. Change your course and go in a different direction.
Getting where you desire to be takes effort. You must roll up your sleeves, strap on your work boots, put on your hardhat and go to work.
Reading books about others’ success won’t magically transfer success to you. Listening to motivational message after motivational message won’t bring instant success. You must conclude that you if you are going to live your best life, you must choose to change your mindset, create a plan and consistently take action.
Don’t be a one-hit wonder who takes action one time and thinks everything will fall into place without taking action again. Don’t miss your opportunity waiting for something magical to happen, for the right person to show up, for the perfect situation to come or for your past to go away. Rise up, take consistent action and watch what happens.
Here are 31 quotes to help you rise up and take action on your vision.
1. “When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world”. George Washington Carver
2. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” Walt Disney
3. “Success comes from taking the hand you were dealt and using it to the very best of your ability.“ Ty Boyd
4. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” Nelson Mandela
5. “Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being
you than you.” Unknown
6. “Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you.” Will Rose
7. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” Jerry Rice
8. “The first step before anyone else in the world believes it is that you have to believe it.” Will Smith
9. “You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.” Mary Morrissey
10. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” Les Brown
11. “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” Muhammad Ali
12. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we took so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened up for us.” Helen Keller
13. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” Will Rogers
14. “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “The hero is the man who lets no obstacle prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen.” Andrew Bernstein
16. “One of the marks of successful people is that they are action-oriented. One of the marks of average people is that they are talk-oriented.” Brian Tracy.
17. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “You can’t change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future.” Unknown
19. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” Albert Einstein
21. “You need a plan to build a house. To build a life, it is even more important to have a plan or goal.” Zig Ziglar
22. “The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” Oprah Winfrey
23. “That some achieve great success is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” Abraham Lincoln
24. “A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.” Larry Bird
25. “Life’s problems wouldn’t be called “hurdles” if there wasn’t a way to get over them.” Unknown
26. “Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” James A. Baldwin
27. “‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you.” Timothy Ferriss
28. “Don’t think you’re on the right road just because it’s a well-beaten path.” Unknown
29. “Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.” Benjamin E. Mays
30. “I don’t fear the man who practiced 10,000 kicks one time. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” Bruce Lee
31. “Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn’t be done.” Amelia Earhart
The role of men is changing in the 21st century. Want to keep up?
Photo Credit: Getty Images