Have you ever wondered why one person of a certain age, gender, or demographic can achieve monumental, life-changing results while another is stuck spinning their wheels? Many of us wonder this about others around us, using comparison and a flawed mindset that end up holding us back. Tommy Baker is passionate about finding the ingredients that give two people in similar situations very different results, and today he’s here to share what he has found.
Through Tommy’s studies and experience with success, behavior, and mindset, you’ll get a chance to connect the dots between those that succeed and those that stagnate. He has some great real-life examples of how making small steps to work on yourself and your goals will bring you clarity and victory. From understanding the difference between importance and urgency to avoiding the number one killer of persistence, you will be able to make the necessary changes in your life to turn your vision into action.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Tommy’s path and shift from fitness to teaching and coaching.
- The principle of Parkinson’s law and what this means to your life.
- How urgency and importance come into play.
- What the 1% question is and why it’s so powerful.
- One silent killer of persistence and how to avoid it.
- How visualization (both positive and negative) can help.
- Tips for using dark emotions as leverage rather than allowing them to drag you down.
- The importance of working for the reward.
- How to hold focus longer.
- The truth about overnight success.
- The psychology of comparison and the dangers associated with it.
- How to audit your circle and your environment.
- The simplest way to transform your game.
Previously published on thetoponepercent.com.
What’s your take on what you just read? Comment below or write a response and submit to us your own point of view or reaction here at the red box, below, which links to our submissions portal.