So you went out with somebody and you thought she was absolutely amazing. She was the hottest, sexiest woman of the moment. So, how do you ensure getting a second date and capitalizing on the heels of a great first date?
Here are 10 sure-fire ways to get that second date:
1. Ask her out at the end of the first date for a second date. When asking her out at the end of the date, be sure to ask her to do something she told you during the date she finds exciting. For example, if she likes Mexican food, tell her you know the best Mexican restaurant in town and you want to bring her there Tuesday night. Set that second date up so she doesn’t have time to think about the first date, and so she has something to which to look forward.
2. Text her or call her the very next day. Either text her a simple message that says “Had a great time last night . . . Looking forward to the next time.” Or, call her and leave a message and tell her the same thing over the phone.
3. Once you’ve secured the second date, and the second date is successful, you need to set up an “activity date” for date number three, e.g., take her to the park, go to the beach, or take your dogs for a long walk. Do things that cause her to picture the two of you as a couple. Dates should be creative, not boring. Sitting there and swapping stories over dinner tends to get monotonous after date number one, so start creatively planning different dates so the two of you can start to get to know each other in a very different manner.
4. Don’t expect sex or force the issue of sex until it’s right for both parties. Take things slow and enjoy getting to know each other. There are no rules about when to have sex for the first time with a new potential partner. You’re both adults, and if a woman decides that she doesn’t want to have sex with you for a month, respect her! Or, if a woman decides she wants to have sex with you on the first date, respect that decision too! When you do have sex, make sure that the two of you handle it like adults and not like children.
5. Be positive and fun when you’re out with her on a date. Don’t bash your ex’s. Don’t complain about all the things that are wrong in your life. Spend time getting to know each other’s good sides.
6. Listen to your date. Question things that don’t sound right. Have a two-sided conversation instead of talking at her. Most men tend to want to impress women based on their accomplishments. Women enjoy getting to know a man based on what’s inside. So spend time listening and having a conversation instead of bragging about yourself. The less you brag, the more interested she will be!
7. When out with your date, do not check out other women in front of her. Do this, and you’ll never get another date with her again.
8. Compliment her once about the way she looks. Don’t tell her all night long how beautiful she is, because she will start to think that you’ve never before been out with a woman as beautiful as her, and you’ll start to lose your power.
9. Instead of complimenting her looks, compliment her mind. Bond with her mentally and emotionally and physically, and she will bond with you in ways that you’ve never experienced before!
10. Don’t agree with everything she says. Challenge her mind – don’t just agree with her. If you agree with everything she says, she’ll look at you as being weak. If she sees you as being weak, she will no longer be attracted to you . . . and you will no longer get a second look or a second date. I’m not telling you to be confrontational. I’m telling you to be open, honest and real.
Follow some of these tips, and I will assure you that you will get past that first date far more than you have in the past.
Originally published on David Wygant
Here are more ways to become a part of The Good Men Project community:
Request to join our private Facebook Group for Writers—it’s like our virtual newsroom where you connect with editors and other writers about issues and ideas.
Click here to become a Premium Member of The Good Men Project Community. Have access to these benefits:
- Get access to an exclusive “Members Only” Group on Facebook
- Join our Social Interest Groups—weekly calls about topics of interest in today’s world
- View the website with no ads
- Get free access to classes, workshops, and exclusive events
- Be invited to an exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” with other Premium Members
- Commenting badge.
Are you stuck on what to write? Sign up for our Writing Prompts emails, you’ll get ideas directly from our editors every Monday and Thursday. If you already have a final draft, then click below to send your post through our submission system.
If you are already working with an editor at GMP, please be sure to name that person. If you are not currently working with a GMP editor, one will be assigned to you.
Are you a first-time contributor to The Good Men Project? Submit here:
Have you contributed before and have a Submittable account? Use our Quick Submit link here:
Do you have previously published work that you would like to syndicate on The Good Men Project? Click here:
Join our exclusive weekly “Call with the Publisher” — where community members are encouraged to discuss the issues of the week, get story ideas, meet other members and get known for their ideas? To get the call-in information, either join as a member or wait until you get a post published with us. Here are some examples of what we talk about on the calls.
Want to learn practical skills about how to be a better Writer, Editor or Platform Builder? Want to be a Rising Star in Media? Want to learn how to Create Social Change? We have classes in all of those areas.
While you’re at it, get connected with our social media:
However, you engage with The Good Men Project—you can help lead this conversation about the changing roles of men in the 21st century. Join us!
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
Photo credit: Shutterstock ID 363684530