Most guys have it backwards.
They think that when they get a girlfriend, they will finally be happy.
Sorry to piss on your cornflakes but that’s not how it works.
If only someone explained this to me back in the day, I would’ve had less frustrations in my dating life.
To prove my point, let me ask you a question.
Have you ever met someone who became very “busy” after going on a few dates with you?
This happened to me A LOT and I couldn’t figure out why.
Insanity is doing the same things over and over again expecting a different result.
So I took a step back to asses what’s going on.
Let me share with you what I discovered.
When a woman meets you for the first time, she’s assessing subconsciously what type of life she’s gonna have with you.
Is it going to be exciting and spontaneous OR is it going to be lame and predictable?
It’s a bit of a tough pill to swallow, isn’t it?
Here’s the ugly truth about getting a girlfriend. You may not like it but I’ll tell you anyway.
You don’t attract what you want. You attract who you are.
The moment you’re happy on your own is when the right relationship enters your life.
I know this from experience.
Back in the day, I had nothing going for me. I had no hobbies, was out of shape and barely had friends.
Whenever I’d meet a girl, I would be OBSESSED with them.
My sense of self-worth was based on whether they like me or not.
Of course, none of them would want to go out with me.
Looking back now, I really couldn’t blame them. Who would want to date someone who lived such a boring life?
That’s when I took a break from dating and decided to focus on myself.
I started going to the gym, reading interesting books and taking up new hobbies.
Overtime, I started to really like my own company. I valued my opinion more and did more things that I enjoyed.
And then something strange happened. Women were suddenly more interested in me.
If I go on a bad date or someone didn’t text me back right away, I was less reactive.
I knew that I had better things to do than worry about something so petty.
Funny how that works, huh?
The better you become as a man, the higher quality relationships you’ll attract in your life.
Whoever says otherwise is selling you hype.
RSVP to join weekly calls on Love, Sex & Relationships
What’s next? Talk with others. Share insights.
We are proud of our SOCIAL INTEREST GROUPS—WEEKLY PHONE CALLS to discuss, gain insights, build communities— and help solve some of the most difficult challenges the world has today. Calls are for Members Only (although you can join the first call for free). Not yet a member of The Good Men Project? Join now!
Join The Good Men Project Community
The $50 Platinum Level is an ALL-ACCESS PASS—join as many groups and classes as you want for the entire year. The $25 Gold Level gives you access to any ONE Social Interest Group and ONE Class–and other benefits listed below the form. Or…for $5, join as a Bronze Member and support our mission.
Register New Account
*Payment is by PayPal.
Please note: If you are already a writer/contributor at The Good Men Project, log in here before registering. (Request new password if needed).
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to execution of real world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time. We now offer 500 calls a year!
2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL LIVE CLASSES. Learn how build your own platform, be a better writer, become an edit or create social change. Check out our training sessions. As a Platinum member, you can take them all.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
4. Access to our PREMIUM MEMBER LIBRARY with our recorded ConvoCasts and classes. ConvoCasts are a new form of media—and you are in them! Only Platinum Members get access to our recordings. And recordings of our classes are really valuable for those who do not have time to take the live classes or just want to review.
5. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you log in.
6. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
7. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page. Your support of our mission is noted and appreciated. See the page here!
8. PLATINUM member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a platinum member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is $50/year.
Your ANNUAL GOLD membership will include:
1. Free access to any ONE Social Interest Groups.Try them out! We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to execution of real world strategies for change. Complete schedule here, with new ones starting all the time.
2. Free access to any ONE of our live classes. Each month, we have the following: Learn how to be a Rising Star in media, build your own platform, become an advanced writer, become an editor or create social change. Check out our classes here. RSVP for any one class—if you want to take more, just upgrade to an Annual Platinum Membership.
3. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and all Weekly Conference calls with the Publisher and community. Connect with other members online and by phone!
4. An ad-free experience. No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you are logged in—as long as your membership is active.
5. A listing on our “Friends of The Good Men Project” page. Your support of our mission is noted and appreciated. See the page here!
6. GOLD commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a gold member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL GOLD membership is $25.
Your ANNUAL BRONZE membership will include:
1. Invitation to the MEMBER-ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook and weekly conference calls with the publisher and community. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
2. A listing on our Friends of The Good Men Project page. Your support of our mission is noted and appreciated. See the page here!
3. BRONZE member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a bronze member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
If you want additional exclusive access to our trainings, classes and live events, choose the Platinum or Gold level above.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
You Might Also Like These From The Good Men Project
|How to Lose a Guy Forever||The One Thing Men Want More Than Sex||The Reality All Women Experience (that Men Don’t Know About)||Here’s What Happens When You Find The One|
Looking for a relationship? The Good Men Project promises to have a really good one with your inbox. Sign up for our daily or weekly newsletter here.
This article originally appeared Social Confidence Mastery
Photo credit: Getty Images