The smallest changes in our lives make the biggest impact on our lives.
If you always find ways to improve your life on a daily basis, then you don’t need to worry about the future because you’re already on the right track in life.
It doesn’t take much to make a significant change in your life.
The plant doesn’t grow overnight. It takes months before it can grow and blossom. It’s the same with your life.
You won’t see significant changes overnight, but if you continue making small (positive) changes, your life will change for the better automatically.
All you have to do is start small and build it from there.
- Make your bed as soon as you get up — It’s a good way of disciplining yourself by doing the simplest thing in the morning.
- Read more books to become smarter — The more you read, the wiser you become. The more you read, the more productive you become.
- Say “Thank you” a lot more — Being appreciative and humble is super attractive. It makes people want to do more for you.
- Say no and set boundaries — Pleasing everyone is a mistake you need to correct. Being a people pleaser never made my life better.
- Sleep for 8 hours or rest more — You need sleep to function well in daily life. If you don’t get sleep, your body will shut down automatically by itself.
- Manage your money — Don’t use your cash recklessly; know where your money goes, and you will get clarification of your monthly budget.
- Unsubscribe from platforms you never use — There is no need to pay extra fees from platforms you never use.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits — There are so many health benefits from vegetables and fruits.
- Workout or stretch your body — You gain energy by using energy. If you always feel tired, try to exercise/stretch and watch yourself feel more energetic.
- Meditate for a couple of minutes — We all need a moment of silence, and sometimes you find wisdom in the silence.
- Use affirmations daily — The way we talk to ourselves is so important these days, so say something nice about yourself that makes you feel better.
- The 10 minutes productivity — Being productive for ten minutes is a lot if you do it daily. Time flies anyway, so why not do something meaningful?
- Reflect on your day before sleep — It’s always great to end the day by asking yourself, “What could I have done better?” or tell yourself, “Now that I think about it, I should have reacted in a better way.”
- Say “I Love You” to your loved ones — It’s important to say this because one day you will regret it when they are gone or wish you had said it sooner before you pass away.
- Think before you react —Never say something you will regret later.
- Take a break once in a while — Sometimes, all you have to do is lay down and do nothing. You need to take a break to become more creative.
- Drink more water to stay hydrated — It’s always good to stay hydrated, especially during the summer when it can get heated outside. Plus, it’s good for your skin, too.
- Spend time with family and friends — Life gets fun when you share memories and experiences with your family and friends who want the best for you.
- Take action to reach your goals — If you really want something, you have to take action every day to reach the goal. You will be grateful for all the lessons you have learned through the journey.
- Learn new things every day — Why not try something new every day? Being open-minded to learning new skills in life opens the door for more opportunities for you.
- Cut negative friends out — It’s better to be alone than being alone in a crowd of fake friends who take advantage of you. Cut those people out, and you will feel the sense of peace you haven’t had in a long time.
- Clean your room once in a while — Your mind becomes organized when your room is organized. Cleaning and organizing your room is a great start to becoming more productive.
- Make your home cozy — Your home should be filled with love. Your home is your safe space, so make it a place where everyone feels welcomed.
- Ask for feedback if you want to improve — Sometimes, it’s hard to see our mistakes, so we need to hear from someone who can tell us what we do right and wrong and how to improve.
- Stop making excuses — Making excuses all the time won’t get you far in life. Accept the feedback you need to hear and work on being better every day.
- Prep your meals — It saves you time and money. Ordering food is more expensive than prepping your meals.
- Watch educational videos on YouTube — Learning something educational every day is the biggest asset of your life.
- Acknowledge your loved ones — Sometimes, your loved ones want to be seen and heard. They want someone to tell them they are good enough. Tell them, “You are good enough.” And you will make their day.
- Learn about business online — You can always start by watching the “Shark Tank” show since it’s both educational and entertaining at the same time.
- Stop checking social media in the morning — You should say “Good morning” to your loved ones and your pet instead. Don’t make social media your top priority.
- Stop watching the news every day — What the news basically is telling you every day is, “Look how awful everything is.” — Don’t feed your day with more reason to be anxious.
- Don’t react to negative people — They want a response from you because they want you to be as miserable as them, so don’t feed on their toxicity. Just think, “This person has issues and must be a tiring person to be with.”
- Create a vision board — Do you have some goals you want to achieve, such as traveling? Place some travel-based pictures where you will see them every day, such as putting them on a whiteboard.
- Change your diet — Don’t like your current diet? Try another different diet such as the keto diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet, or carnivore diet. Every diet works differently for different people.
- Listen to a podcast — Listening to a podcast makes you feel like you’re having a conversation with someone. I prefer self-help podcasts because they make me feel motivated and inspired.
- Save some money each month — If you earn $5000 a month, you should place $1000 in your savings, and you will save $12.000 in just one year. Easy, right?
- Expect less from people — The less you expect, the less disappointed you become. It’s a freeing feeling.
- Take a cold shower — Taking a cold shower or exposing yourself to the cold helps boost your immune system, reduce your stress level, and become more alert.
- Have empathy for people — It’s not always about being right; it’s often about being understanding with compassion for what others go through.
- Hug someone you like — We are social creatures and need each other to survive and thrive in this world, especially since it’s full of chaos.
- Don’t promise something you can’t promise — It’s much better to say “I can’t promise anything” than to say “I promise” and then break the promise. If you lie and break the promise, people won’t trust you next time.
- Be as honest as possible — Being honest is easy, and being a liar is difficult. Be honest, and you don’t have to worry about the consequences of lying.
- Replace coffee with a healthy smoothie — I still get more energy from drinking a healthy smoothie. It tastes good, and my skin is glowing more.
- Stop comparing yourself to others — I know it’s tempting. If you unfollow everyone who makes you feel like you are not good enough, you won’t compare yourself to people anymore.
- Visualize yourself living your dream life — Visualization is a super creative and powerful tool. Your subconscious mind doesn’t know whether what your mind sees is real or fake.
- Consume less processed foods — I feel so tired and grumpy after eating junk food, and I am sure you do too. Why not replace it with a diet that gives you more energy?
- Smile to people who give you eye contact — You provide them with an impression that you are a friendly and kind person to be with. You will make their day as well.
- Give your old clothes to a charity shop — Seriously, don’t throw them out in the trash. You can make your old clothes reusable by giving them to those who need them the most.
- Analyze yourself daily — Get to know yourself daily and be honest with yourself. Be aware of your positive and negative sides. Be mindful of what type of people you want in your life and how they make you feel.
- Block people that are not good for you. If they only seek drama, block them, or they will drain your energy. You don’t always need to come up with an explanation.
This post was previously published on medium.com.
You may also like these posts on The Good Men Project:
|White Fragility: Talking to White People About Racism||Escape the “Act Like a Man” Box||The Lack of Gentle Platonic Touch in Men’s Lives is a Killer||What We Talk About When We Talk About Men|
Photo credit: Jen P. on Unsplash