A vast majority of adult men experience problems with their erections. The older you get, the higher the risk of having trouble achieving or retaining an erection. According to some estimates, 52% of adult men face erection-related problems. At the age of 40, about 40% American men report erection difficulties, but it is estimated the rate could be higher because a vast majority of the male population doesn’t like to discuss this subject with anyone including doctors. Do you find it difficult to achieve an erection? Or maybe your penis gets hard, but it’s not as strong as it used to be? This isn’t the end of your sex life! There are many things you can do overcome this obstacle and yoga is one of them.
Yoga and erection: seriously?
Yoga has been around for centuries, but men usually consider it as a workout for women. This ancient practice isn’t gender-specific, it is perfectly suitable for both men and women, which means nothing is stopping you from getting a mat and signing up for a class. In fact, yoga benefits your overall health, including sexual functionality.
Scientists from India carried out a study which included 65 men between 24 and 60 years of age. Men were enrolled into a yoga camp, and besides regular practice, they were asked to complete a questionnaire called Male Sexual Quotient after 12 weeks.
Findings, published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, revealed that the completion of yoga sessions resulted in improved sexual functions. Men reported improvements in the intercourse satisfaction, desire, sexual performance, confidence, partner synchronization, orgasm, ejaculatory control, and erection.
Yoga helps you beat erectile dysfunction (ED) through stress relief, improved blood flow which is essential for stronger and long-lasting erections, and other mechanisms that scientists are now beginning to elucidate.
If you want to beat ED, study says yoga poses as an effective, natural, and inexpensive solution. We bring you seven poses to try.
1. Boat pose (naukasana)
Boat pose activates sexual hormones in men and helps you last longer between the sheets by strengthening your hips, buttocks, and thigh muscles. It belongs to one of the basic yoga poses due to its simplicity. Here’s how to do it:
• Lie on the back with arms beside your body and feet together
• Inhale and as you’re exhaling start lifting your chest and feet off the ground
• Stretch your arms toward your feet
• Your eyes, fingers, and toes should be in a straight line, but at first, it might be easier for you to keep them at knee height
• Maintain the pose for a few seconds while taking a deep breath
• Exhale and return to the starting position
2. Plank (kumbhakasana)
Plank is one of the most beneficial poses or exercises, you can do and it happens to combat ED. Improved endurance during the sexual performance and upper body strength are additional benefits of this useful pose. To maximize your effort, combine plank with one of the top male enhancement pills for super strong and hard erections. Here’s how to get into this posture:
• Begin with the kneeling position with hands resting on your thighs
• Bend forward with hands on the floor right in front of you
• Raise the buttocks with knees still on the ground
• Slide both feet backwards and raise your knees making sure that your head, trunk, back, and legs are forming a straight line
• Don’t bend your knees and elbows
• Maintain the pose for a few seconds and release
3. Raised leg pose (uttanpadasana)
This particular yoga posture provides an intense workout to your core and engages glutes and quadriceps. As a result, you last longer in bed, particularly in the missionary position. Raised leg pose stretches the psoas and the hip flexor muscles, thus boosting your energy levels and increasing blood flow to the pelvic area, thus helping you beat ED. To make this pose, you should:
• Lie flat on the back and breathe normally
• Place hands by your sides with palms facing down
• Inhale and lift the legs from the ground at about 45 to 60-degree angle
• Hold the posture for 15-20 seconds
• Exhale and return to the starting position
4. Seated forward bend (paschimottanasana)
Seated forward bend is yet another pose that combats ED and helps you last longer in bed. It does so by improving your endurance and strength while targeting perineal muscles, the group of muscles found between scrotum and anus. Here are the instructions:
• Sit straight with legs extended and toes flexed towards you
• Inhale as you’re raising arms over your head
• Exhale and bend forward moving the chin towards your toes
• Stretch out your arms and try to let them reach the furthest they can (preferably all the way to your toes) without making it feel uncomfortable or too painful
• Inhale, lift your head and elongate the spine
• Exhale while trying to bring the navel to your knees
• Remain in that position for a few seconds and release
5. Bow pose (dhanurasana)
One of the most important characteristics of bow pose is the stimulation of reproductive organs. Besides ED, bow pose tackles premature ejaculation and intensifies your orgasms. To get into the bow pose, you should:
• Lie on the stomach with feet hip-width apart and arms at your sides
• Raise your legs so that feet are facing the direction of your head and hold your ankles
• Inhale while lifting the chest off the floor
• Pull your legs up and back
• Stay in this position for 15-20 seconds and release
6. Half camel pose (ardha ustrasana)
Half camel pose improves your digestion and helps you tone the entire body. Also, it has a beneficial impact on a man’s urogenital system. In order to get into this incredibly simple pose, you should:
• Being with kneeling position with hands on your thighs and knees apart
• Rise up with arms beside your body
• Hold the left ankle with right hand and stretch left arm in front of the head, like you’re pointing something at the horizon
• Stay in this position for 30 seconds
• Return to the initial pose and switch sides
7. Half moon pose (ardha chandrasana)
With this pose, you can improve stamina and endurance as well as tone your entire body. As you already know, stamina and endurance are crucial for your sexual health and performance which is why enhancement pills like Endovex provide ED relief as well as a boost in endurance, strength, and other factors vital to your sex life. So, here’s the process:
• Stand straight on your mat and bring right foot back so that you are at a low lunge with left leg
• Your hands should be framing your left foot
• Bring right hand to your right hip
• Lift up right foot
• Straighten your left leg out behind you
• Rotate your right hip back stacking it on top of the left hip
• Extend right hand toward the sky
• Maintain this position for 5 deep breaths
• Return to the starting position
Yoga isn’t just for women; it benefits male sexual health as well. Yoga improves your endurance, increases blood flow, and strengthens muscles thus allowing you to improve your sexual performance in a natural manner.
David Gomes by profession a Health and Wellness expert. He is work for Consumer Health Digest. He lives in Oakland, California, USA. He loves to write on a variety of topics such as joint health, weight loss, beauty and skin care for blogs and on-line publication sites. He also loves latest technology, gadgets. You can connect with him on Google+ and Twitter.
Photo Credit: Getty Images