Are you looking for a delicious way to lose weight? Kale is a great option! Packed with iron, calcium, and vitamins A, K, B6, and C, kale is a superfood that can help you slim down. It has high levels of dietary fiber, which helps keep your digestive system healthy and low in calories and fat.
There are so many ways to prepare kale that make it an incredibly versatile ingredient. From salads to smoothies to soups and more – the possibilities are endless! Here are eight delicious recipes featuring kale to help you reach your weight loss goals. Enjoy!
Kale Recipes for Weight Loss
1. Kale-Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- Two leaves of purple kale
- 1⁄2 pear
- Two cups of water
- One cup of frozen raspberry
- Two leaves collard greens
How to Prepare Kale-Banana Smoothie
- Slice the pear into chunks and place in the blender.
- Add your frozen raspberry and blend for about 10 minutes.
- Add the kale and collard greens and blend lightly for 30 seconds.
- Add the banana and add water until your desired consistency is achieved.
The banana in the recipe makes you feel full. Cruciferous vegetables such as kale and collard greens help to reduce the risk of obesity and other health conditions.
They’re also high in fiber content which makes digestion easier. Raspberries are low in calories and high in nutrients. It contains about 85% water, making it a filling, low-calorie fruit. Why Am I craving Bananas?
For this smoothie, you will need the following:
- Two cups of seedless grapes (preferably red grapes)
- One cup of chopped kale
- One medium pear
- 1⁄2 cup frozen pumpkin puree
- Two tablespoon avocado
- 3⁄4 cup coconut water
- Icecubes (optional)
How to prepare a green-grape smoothie
- Cut the pear and remove the seed and core.
- Chop into chunks.
- Peel the skin from the avocado and place it in the blender with the pear and the green ingredients.
- Blend lightly for about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend for about 60 seconds or until the desired thickness.
Avocados are great for curbing the appetite because they keep you full for long periods. Pears are also low in calories and high in water and fiber, which also keeps you feeling full.
Pumpkin is also a weight loss-friendly fruit since you can consume a lot of it due to its low-calorie content. And coconut water is a natural sweetener with relatively low-fat content and many health benefits. Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie Recipe.
3. Kale-spinach smoothie
Items needed include:
- A cup of chopped kale (remove the stems)
- One cup of chopped spinach (remove all stems)
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped cucumber
- Half a cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
- One teaspoon of salt
- 1⁄2 cup of water
- One teaspoon of sugar
How to prepare a kale-spinach smoothie
To make the kale-spinach smoothie:
- Add the kale to a pot of boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach.
- Allow simmering
- Strain the spinach and kale.
- Allow cooling in cold water
- Strain out and place in a blender.
- Add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour over ice cubes and serve.
Spinach is an excellent weight-loss vegetable because it contains few calories. It also contains insoluble fiber, which helps to keep you full. Cucumbers are low in calories and high in water content.
4. Glowing skin green smoothie
For this kale recipe, you need just three ingredients:
- Get four large green apples.
- Six celery stalks.
- And two kale leaves.
How to prepare a glowing skin green smoothie
- Remove the seed from the apples.
- Remove the stem from the kale leaves.
- Place in a juicer with celery stalks (cut into smaller pieces).
- Blend for about 2 minutes and pour into glasses and serve.
5. Tropical kale smoothie
Ingredients needed include:
- 1⁄2 frozen banana.
- 1⁄2 cup of frozen mango.
- 1⁄2 cup of frozen pineapple.
- 2 cups fresh kale (stemmed and chopped).
- 1⁄2 cup dairy-free milk.
How to prepare a tropical kale smoothie
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Add more milk if you want a thinner smoothie.
6. Kale-yogurt smoothie
An essential ingredient for making a kale yogurt smoothie is Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is more nutritious than regular yogurt. It contains a higher concentration of protein and probiotics. It also helps you to feel full and reduces hunger pangs.
- A cup of Greek yogurt
- One cup of berries (strawberries or blueberries)
- A cup of chopped kale leaves (ribs and stems removed)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- One cup of almond milk
How to prepare kale-yogurt smoothie
- Add the kale, banana, Greek yogurt, berries, ice, and almond milk to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
These kale recipes are great to try if you’re looking for a quick healthy snack or a side dish to munch on.
7. Garlic and ginger sautéed kale
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Six cloves of garlic
- Minced two teaspoons of ginger (peeled and grated)
- One head of kale (stems removed, leaves chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt
How to prepare garlic and ginger sautéed kale
- Heat oil in a medium-sized skillet.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant. (about 1 minute).
- Add the chopped kale leaves and sauté until softened and wilted, stirring for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices as a side dish to any meal.
8. Zesty kale slaw
To make Zesty kale slaw, you’ll need the following:
- One head dino kale
- A small head of red cabbage (about 7 cups thinly sliced)
- One large carrot
- Zest 1 lime (the outer green layer of peel)
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh lime juice
- Only one tablespoon of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- One clove of garlic, minced 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
How to prepare zesty kale slaw
- Cut a red cabbage in half, remove and discard the core, and slice thinly.
- Peel a carrot and chop it into thin, small sticks.
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems and thinly slice the leaves.
- Using the fine side of a grater, grate the fresh, peeled ginger.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, grated ginger, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the vegetables to a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing.
- Mix well until everything is coated in the sauce.
Serve as a barbecue or a side dish (You can replace the lime zest with orange juice).
Make Your Kale Treats
It’s time to turn these recipes into yummy kale treats! Go to the grocery store and pick up all the ingredients you need. Start by prepping your kale leaves. Once you have prepared your kale, decide which recipe to try.
You can make a classic kale salad, a delicious smoothie, or a zesty slaw. Whatever you decide, you won’t be disappointed! All of these recipes are nutritious and will help you lose weight. Enjoy the kale treats that you make with your family and friends! Bon Appétit!
This post was previously published on Health Makes You.
You Might Also Like These From The Good Men Project
|Compliments Men Want to Hear More Often||Relationships Aren’t Easy, But They’re Worth It||The One Thing Men Want More Than Sex||..A Man’s Kiss Tells You Everything|
Join The Good Men Project as a Premium Member today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo credit: iStock