Being a dad is one of the best things about life.
Being a dad is one of the best things that will ever happen to you. I don’t mean to brag, but it’s cool. You won’t always be happy, but who cares. You get to share life with some other cool people.
I know there are probably a thousand things about parenting that are awesome. Here are my nine reasons that parenting is the best job in the world:
- You laugh with your kids. Sometimes at them, and sometimes they laugh at you. It’s not mean, it’s just family.
- You all have your stuff. Family lets you just have your stuff out there.
- You will have days when you feel like you are going crazy. You aren’t. Just hang in there. It gets better. At least, that is the message on the bathroom wall at the gas station on the corner.
- Your stupid stories and insane episodes become teaching moments. They probably learn more from these stories than all of the lectures and rules.
- Hugs. They are just great. Unearned and unburdened.
- Emerging personalities. My son likes coffee, death metal, and action movies. My daughter hates the color pink, loves pop music and avocados. I don’t share most of their interests, but it’s cool to see how they are growing up.
- Sleeping in. When your kids get older, they sleep in. You can reclaim the mornings. Trust me, you will want to get up early.
- You won’t have to get pets. Whenever I am asked if we have pets, I tell people “No, we have kids instead.” Kids don’t eat your shoes and they won’t pee in the corner. Those are two good reasons that kids are better than pets. Okay, there is not a contest… I just love my kids.
- You will never get paid to be a parent. That’s okay. If you get to be a grandparent, you get to tell stories.
If you need a little parenting inspiration, have a look at this video. It is a great example of a dad to son moment. You will have a lot of those, and dad to daughter ones too. (I guess those are #10 and #11).
Source: 30dB.com – Parenting and Dad — Parenting as a stand alone in social media indexes at 59% positive with people discussing the challenges of good parenting as well as its rewards. Adding Dad into the mix bumps the results up to 69% positive as people talk more about great dad parenting examples and role models. Try clicking on “Parenting” in the results above to see results for parenting on its own. Or click on the New button at the bottom to enter any topic you’re interested in. — Howard Kaushansky CEO 30db
Photo by Boudewijn Berends