Kevin Fitzmaurice is an extraordinary regular guy who is out to inspire the world by sharing his life long struggle with depression and anxiety. I asked him to return to Real Men Feel to talk about dealing with all the emotions that might rise up at this crazy time.
Listen to Real Men Feel, #179, “Feeling Through The Pandemic” here:
“I think this is a great challenge for us. What do we want to be when we get out of this?” ~ Kevin Fitzmaurice
Kevin returns for an Easter special to discuss the emotions that can rise up in this time of fear and isolation, our resistance to feeling them, and how to dive in. We all have the opportunity to choose who we are going forward. What will you do with this gift of time?
Topics and Questions Include:
- (0:04) What Andy’s been feeling.
- (4:45) How has Kevin been?
- (5:33) The coronavirus diet and exercise as an antidepressant.
- (6:17) What got Kevin really depressed.
- (6:58) Not having a purpose right now.
- (8:32) Being an over-thinker.
- (10:10) The fear of fear becoming worse.
- (13:16) What do we want “normal” to be?
- (16:06) In all tough times, the best in people does show up.
- (19:18) The beauty of life.
- (20:23) The old excuse of not having enough time.
- (22:13) This is a resurrection opportunity for us all.
- (25:20) Struggling with finding the off switch as everything blurs together.
- (28:14) This is a time we can all reclaim our power.
- (31:08) Choosing love or fear.
- (36:04) Final tips for someone feeling emotionally isolated.
Watch Real Men Feel, #179, Feeling Through The Pandemic, April 12, 2020
“If they could make a magic pill that fixed all your problems, it would be exercise.” ~ Kevin Fitzmaurice
Disturbed Sounds of Silence, COVID19 Edit.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/subscribe
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
A version of this post was previously published on RealMenFeel.org and is republished here with permission from the author.
Have you read the original anthology that was the catalyst for The Good Men Project? Buy here: The Good Men Project: Real Stories from the Front Lines of Modern Manhood
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo by iStock.